X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I thought GV already decided to move up?
    No. And even if they did, the MAC would be two football levels higher than D2, which has never happened and isn't even allowed.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Stop with the move to D3 crap. That’s tired. Yeah let’s move IUP’s nationally ranked basketball program to D3 because we are just at 25 for foosball. Maybe GV should move to D3 because their basketball team sucks.

GV has money. The poor act isn’t working.
    Then why are you telling GV to join the MAC, which is two levels above where they are, and when their basketball team sucks? lol. You're having the same thing said back to you and you have a problem with it, so. Figure out how you want to go about this.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

It's an old and historic town. From what I have been told, the town has not wanted lights at the athletic facilities due to ruining the town's aesthetic. And if you spend more than a month there, you could believe that Shepherdstown would be that petty. I can also tell you first hand that the town will even out its aesthetics over safety if it can get away with it.

This has been disputed by a couple of people in recent years, and a couple of people have said that the school just didn't want to budget for lights. However, considering all of the improvements to campus, I find it hard to believe that adding lights would be considered too expensive.

I will also add that I couldn't imagine the lights affecting the town that much when you look at how Ram Stadium sits on the campus. On one side, you enter at the top of the stadium. The other side is surrounded by academic and administrative buildings.
    ...and it's literally just feet away from the Maryland border. It looks like all of the Potomac River sits in Maryland.

IUP didn't have lights until 1996.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I love Thursday night games. I wish there were more of them.
    Word is that IUP/Ashland will be a Thursday opener in September.

It was quite the event the last time both teams opened the season at The Cig in Indiana..

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Yes. D2 is small college football. For schools who can afford 36 scholarships. SR1 is playing even smaller college football, and should be playing D3 if they can't afford the allotted 36. Then you can save all the money in the world. GV's "peers" are not MAC schools. MAC schools are spending 5x the yearly budget on athletics. GV can't afford that. They are where they need to be. SR1 is not. They are the ones who are playing at a level which they can not afford.
    Stop with the move to D3 crap. That’s tired. Yeah let’s move IUP’s nationally ranked basketball program to D3 because we are just at 25 for foosball. Maybe GV should move to D3 because their basketball team sucks.

GV has money. The poor act isn’t working.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Why is that not fair, other than it's the way you want it to be?

The system doesn't have to be married to NE quadrant. Maybe it could be split in two. Maybe there could be no split at all.
    Because we’d never get home games going forward and then everyone will stop caring. Once the Midwest takes over the process it’s going to stay that way because the permanent narrative would be that the Midwest teams will always be better.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-26-2023, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied

Are the light poles too tall for the town's liking?
    It's an old and historic town. From what I have been told, the town has not wanted lights at the athletic facilities due to ruining the town's aesthetic. And if you spend more than a month there, you could believe that Shepherdstown would be that petty. I can also tell you first hand that the town will even out its aesthetics over safety if it can get away with it.

This has been disputed by a couple of people in recent years, and a couple of people have said that the school just didn't want to budget for lights. However, considering all of the improvements to campus, I find it hard to believe that adding lights would be considered too expensive.

I will also add that I couldn't imagine the lights affecting the town that much when you look at how Ram Stadium sits on the campus. On one side, you enter at the top of the stadium. The other side is surrounded by academic and administrative buildings.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

I think 2004 was the first year that any sort of data was used, but I could be remembering incorrectly.
    You probably are correct but 2003 was a travesty no matter what..

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

No. A fix for the problem of there being almost no experts on d2 football. They can't use a committee made up of coaches or AD's. They would need to pay to create a consulting firm or other source. Otherwise it would probably be a bigger s### show than it is now.
    Gotcha.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

I'm a Shepherd fan. Night games seem mythical.
    Are the light poles too tall for the town's liking?

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

A fix of the problem of the extinction of local media has to be achieved before the playoffs can be restructured?
    No. A fix for the problem of there being almost no experts on d2 football. They can't use a committee made up of coaches or AD's. They would need to pay to create a consulting firm or other source. Otherwise it would probably be a bigger s### show than it is now.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied

I'm a Shepherd fan. Night games seem mythical.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Yes. D2 is small college football. For schools who can afford 36 scholarships. SR1 is playing even smaller college football, and should be playing D3 if they can't afford the allotted 36. Then you can save all the money in the world. GV's "peers" are not MAC schools. MAC schools are spending 5x the yearly budget on athletics. GV can't afford that. They are where they need to be. SR1 is not. They are the ones who are playing at a level which they can not afford.
    I thought GV already decided to move up?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Around that time both Fairmont and Charleston loved having Thursday night games for whatever reason. I think Fairmont had three Thursday night games one season.

I also agree with you that they don't even always get the best seven teams in a region. I pay more attention to SR1 because that is where my team is and not a single conference in the region is behind a paywall. And let's just say that some sketchy decisions are sometimes made between numbers 5-10. I hate Earned Access. I could accept it better if they gave a bid to conference champions. I also hate that every conference doesn't have a tie breaker for their conference champions.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

No...I know reality when I see it.

You want it rigged so it's always to your advantage.

People just don't like how I tell it like it is...

But you keep on whining how you want a perfectly engineered playoffs so that the Semi Finals are a GLIAC/MIAA/GSC circle jerk that will somehow be the games of the week and College Game Day will be broadcasting from one of them and the world will be all perfect but like fetch...that 's not going to happen.

Wake up...D2 is small college foosball. Grand Valley has chosen to stay in a small college division when it's not a small college. It's peers are MAC schools and they are choosing not to fade away into the sad MAC world. That's their right. I don't blame them.

The MIAA guy said expand to 32 and give every conference an auto bid. Okay..I can go with that but I think there should be less teams. I feel once it went past 16 the field was just watered down. FBS needs to never go past 8 teams. I would hen assume all conference winners would stay in Region and at large teams would get put across all regions.

If you add more teams from the Midwest into a Northeast bracket, those teams would have to be the bottom seeds. It would not be fair to put a Midwest team at the top of a Northeast bracket. Nope. Nope. Nope. The top 6 seeds in each region must be from that region and the regional final must be played on the home field of the top remaining seed of the region. We cannot have a team in Michigan or Missouri or Kansas having the Northeast regional final on their home field. Absolutely not.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X