X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

GVSU could be scheduling Fort Lewis and Simon Fraser. They don't. Mines and Pueblo could be scheduling William Jewell. They don't. They instead opt to face each other. GVSU did a home-and-home with Delta State. They did a home-and-home with Mines and Pueblo (twice). They did a home-and-home with Central Washington. They did a home-and-home with West Texas (and are doing it again in a couple seasons). GV has, and will, face anyone. The PSAC, and SR1 as a whole, doesn't do that. They fill their non-conference spots with teams within their own region, which hurts their own cause for the semifinals. That's the entire story. That's why SR1 is constantly the #3 or E4 seeded team in the semifinals. Because they don't challenge themselves. At least Assumption is taking the challenge of facing GV this year. Good for them. And it will help Assumption come time for playoff rankings, even if they lose.
    GV has to face anyone who says yes because they have no choice if they want to have a 10 game schedule.

You keep demanding us to schedule teams in other regions then expect us to travel to said games. Still waiting for your receipts that GV has called IUP every year and we say no.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-22-2023, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied

Ah, yea, you're right. My bad. It was WOU that I was thinking of. I knew GV traveled out there to start a season, and I kinda just forget WOU exists lol.
    Now that is funny!

I don't like comparisons of CWU and WOU. It is like comparing D and R....

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

No one outside of Pennsylvania would have called the 2021 (WC team) Eagles a good team, same as 2020(Last in division), or 2019(1st at 9-7), 2018(WC team). They seemed awfully good at having a basically .500 record.
    Still made the playoffs in three of those years....

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Uh yea. And that's why they had to play in Michigan. Because the Michigan teams had better numbers based on their schedule. That's why 1-loss Ferris was seeded ahead of 0-loss Pitt State lol. I'm not sure what you're not understanding here. You're just running around in circles. It's like you get cut off at one pass and run to another pass, get cut off there, and go running back to the first one.
    No...I have soundly defeated you in every battle. I agree the GLIAC schools were the better seeds.

You just can't deal with getting the Nation treatment because you can't stop running that mouth.

I can sit here all day and tell you why the current system sucks...and that the criteria used is bogus.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-22-2023, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Firstly, there's nothing stopping the PSAC from only playing 8 conference games and allowing teams to play more non-conference games. Secondly, there's nothing stopping PSAC teams from using their one non-conference week to go play a good team from another region. Your conference and region are just terrified to leave their own little bubble.
    There is nothing obviously nothing stopping you from constantly talking **** about conferences being scared to play teams from Meatchicken. It's old and tired. You are the Hoggie of the foosball side of the boards.

The Pee Sack has been doing mandated crossover scheduling since the mid 1990's. It's nothing that is new. It was two games a season through 2005 which left open a few weeks to go OOC. IUP was playing Nebraska Omaha and Catawba in the early 2000's. So nobody was scared. Then for whatever reason...I am assuming due to the expanded playoffs and regionalization. They went to three cross overs beginning in 2006...where we had to play them three straight weeks before opening divisional games. Again...they were just following the criteria for a region..not to placate big mouth GV fans. Then after Gannon and Mercyhurst fled the GLIAC and the Pee Sack expanded, the third crossover went to the last week so they could do The State Game which was reinstated and an actual title game crowning one champion instead of crowning one for each division. That is still the format today.

You keep demanding we play other regions but you get mad when we demand you to either shut up or move up and join the MAC with your peers in the Meatchicken Directionals.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

CWU and GV have played once. 2007 Regional Final. GV has never traveled to WA or played CWU.

Maybe you were thing WOU. I think they did a H-H in 2011 and 2012.
    Ah, yea, you're right. My bad. It was WOU that I was thinking of. I knew GV traveled out there to start a season, and I kinda just forget WOU exists lol.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Go to to the OT if you want to say these things.
    Yes thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

3. Do you honestly think the "lesser" conferences are just going to capitulate and bow down to the power conferences demands?
    3. No I don't, because they aren't thinking big picture. The theory applies to all sports. Why should northern baseball teams get as many teams in as the dominant southern teams?

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The MIAA has been SILO.
    good. since you feel this way, have the committee insert the MIAA in SR1. simple.

i mean, if its a weak SILO schedule, should work pretty good right?

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied

[football]
    i wanna say these things too and you can kiss me right in the crack of my arse if you think you're going to tell anyone to go to another area for saying it.
    [/football]

Leave a comment:

• GoVSUTrojans
    replied
    I'm coming to the conversation late but I'm definitely not a fan of the way it's decided who get selected into the NCAA tournament. In football, if you are in a weak conference and if you don't schedule high competition in your OOC and win, your season is over before it began.

In basketball, it's the same except you get an automatic bid if you win the conference tournament.

I actually would love to see more OOC games or less conference games. In football I rather see bowl games. In basketball I think there is room for another tournament. D2 NIT?

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied

They did a home-and-home with Central Washington. .
    CWU and GV have played once. 2007 Regional Final. GV has never traveled to WA or played CWU.

Maybe you were thing WOU. I think they did a H-H in 2011 and 2012.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by Wallst View Post

just print more money like liberals love to do then give out freebies to everyone then print more money and go more in debt and more over your head.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    SR1 administrators definitely game the system. I don't blame them. It's a lot easier to sell "made the playoffs every year" than "challenged ourselves in ooc and got our teeth kicked in, but now we know how good we need to be"

For conferences like the psac, it will just take one team getting the funding in place, becoming nationally competitive and maintainingthat standard for multiple years. Then watch how fast the other schools figure out how to fund it.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I definitely agree about depth being a factor. It's huge everywhere.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X