Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket Question

I’m out of the country, so maybe I’m missing something. How is Virginia Union in SR1? Looks to me like the SR1 only got 6 teams in the playoffs

Originally posted by eagler927 View Post
    I’m out of the country, so maybe I’m missing something. How is Virginia Union in SR1? Looks to me like the SR1 only got 6 teams in the playoffs
    The 5, 6 and 7 seeds are seeded "at large" so they can be transferred to another SR in order to cut down on travel costs (read: fewer flights). Shepherd was moved to SR2 as part of VUU moving to SR1.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Shepard and VUU were swapped.

Comment

I understand they were swapped, but I am trying to figure out the reasoning for the swap. VUU to L-R is 300 miles. Shepherd to L-R is 386, so we increased 86 miles wih this pairing. Shepherd to Kutztown is 160 miles. VUU to Kutztown is 271 miles.

In conclusion, this swap impact no flights (neither trip was over 600 miles), and increased the travel for Shepherd by over 200 miles while cutting VUU's travel by 29 miles.

There has to be something else in play. The only other thing I can guess is Shepherd lost to Kutztown earlier this season, so they want to avoid a first round rematch (but have GVSU-Ferris, West Florida - Delta State, and Minnesota St vs Augustana rematches).

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post
          There has to be something else in play. The only other thing I can guess is Shepherd lost to Kutztown earlier this season, so they want to avoid a first round rematch (but have GVSU-Ferris, West Florida - Delta State, and Minnesota St vs Augustana rematches).
          Yes

Comment

What else is the real reason for this decision. They didn’t want Shepherd winning the region one for a third straight year. They were bored and did it for giggles. They wanted diversification in SR1. I don’t know why but it should be two good games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X