Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Super Bowl Halftime Shows

What would be your top choices for future Super Bowl halftime shows?

Usher will headline 2024's show.

For what it's worth, and while I'm not a fan, it's understandable that mega star Taylor Switt logistically would not work at this time because she's now reached a point that she's to big of a star and would more than likely overshadow the game and the NFL. Never thought the NFL would run into a situation like that for their highly sought halftime entertainment slot. It's said she may consider doing the show in a few years, but for right now, she's way to busy.

It’s almost career suicide to do the halftime show.

Half of the audience is mad that it’s not their kind of music and millions say your performance sucked.

Its a no win situation.

Id ge happy if the just had a marching band out there.

Comment

My vote is for a 30 minute Keith Richards spoken word.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

For what it's worth, and while I'm not a fan, it's understandable that mega star Taylor Switt logistically would not work at this time because she's now reached a point that she's to big of a star and would more than likely overshadow the game and the NFL. Never thought the NFL would run into a situation like that for their highly sought halftime entertainment slot. It's said she may consider doing the show in a few years, but for right now, she's way to busy.
          Can you imagine the fight for tickets between Swifties and NFL fans?

The stadium would also empty out after halftime.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Can you imagine the fight for tickets between Swifties and NFL fans?

The stadium would also empty out after halftime.
            So true! Commercials would also go for super premium prices (much more than usual) up until the start of the 3rd quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              Weird Al. You get a little bit of everything from him, and he could bring out guests for his songs as well. Maybe Lady Gaga for perform this way. Maybe Bruno Mars or an MJ performer for one of his hits from MJ. Dave Grohl for smells like Nirvana. Maybe Justin Timberlake for white and nerdy. I'm sure he could figure out a good set.

Comment

Barenaked Ladies would be great

Pink would be great

Both have plenty of songs to fill the 30 minutes with only their hits and catchy tunes that a broad audience would like

seen them both in concert - Pink twice BNL 4 times -- great every time

Comment

The economics behind the show are interesting. My understanding is it's rarely a net positive for the performer financially and serves more as a way to get exposure.

One has to be in the sweet spot of a (former?) A list performer who's also on the outer edge of relevance. Not too irrelevant for it to not make sense but not so relevant that they don't need the exposure.

There are probably some excpetions, and then there was the era of booking vanilla '80s bands to distance the show from the Justin Timberlake situation.

While I'm not a Taylor Swift fan per se, she is an incredibly talented musician, but is also one of the most famous performers of all time at this point - so she doesn't need the exposure. Her concerts draw more in-person attendees than the SB does on a very consistent basis.

That being said, I would like to see Glenn Danzig perform the halftime show.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

A far larger obstacle for Taylor Swift would be her contract with Coca-Cola and the halftime show being sponsored by Pepsi.

Comment

I'll vote for the Trans Siberian Orchestra to perform during a Super Bowl halftime. It would be different, but high energy. Didn't Bruno Mars already do a SB halftime?

Comment

Iron Maiden ... These kids need some metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

A far larger obstacle for Taylor Swift would be her contract with Coca-Cola and the halftime show being sponsored by Pepsi.
                          She's way too big for the Super Bowl anyway. Maybe in 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

She's way too big for the Super Bowl anyway. Maybe in 30 years.
                            Correct, but she hasn’t always been too big. And the Coke deal prevented her from performing.

Comment

Halftime performances seem to be either, what's hot today, or nostalgia to the middle-aged consumer who is spending the money to attend or host Super Bowl parties.

Bands that I think would have a fairly universal appeal for today-ish music that I think would make an ideal Halftime performance: Coldplay (out, I see they performed at SB for 2015 season), Imagine Dragons, One Republic

In Between - Black Eyed Peas (out, performed at SB for 2010 season)

90s - Barenaked Ladies (saw that above, I like that suggestion), Blink 182, Smash Mouth, Collective Soul, Dave Matthews Band, Hootie and his Blowfish

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X