Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they're looking for broad appeal, nostalgic, yet relevant and entertaining bands with more than just a couple of hits, I would suggest (for full shows) U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters (with their new drummer) or even Ed Sheeran or the Dave Mathews Band.

The last really good one that I can remember was Prince (RIP), he put on a great halftime show.

I'm really glad they added Post Malone to this year's line up. He's talented and has a huge following, and can help fill fill the void of a lack of known hits.

Let me add, I really didn't mind watching Shakira steal the halftime show at all during her part of the performance.
    Last edited by Eagle74; 01-31-2024, 12:02 PM.

Comment

The NFL needs to give the people what they really want: Weird Al.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
        Hootie and his Blowfish
        Hootie got arrested today.

Fishing for Blow.

Comment

I must be the oldest person on this thread. I’ve never even heard of most of the bands previously mentioned. I think the halftime show should be someone coming out of retirement that needs some national exposure to kick start their career. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Comment

Pop Warner football! A look at future stars of football! Always exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post
              I must be the oldest person on this thread. I’ve never even heard of most of the bands previously mentioned. I think the halftime show should be someone coming out of retirement that needs some national exposure to kick start their career. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
              I always thought it should be the opposite. Bring in someone just starting to get noticed on the club circuit or soundcloud. Let that be their springboard.

Comment

Mick Foley vs. The Rock in an empty arena match.
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

If we’re talking throwbacks… How about getting Jon Heder to come out in full Napoleon Dynamite gear, moon boots and all, and do his dance. Then maybe take Pedro’s sledgehammer off a few sweet jumps. THAT’S entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                    If we’re talking throwbacks… How about getting Jon Heder to come out in full Napoleon Dynamite gear, moon boots and all, and do his dance. Then maybe take Pedro’s sledgehammer off a few sweet jumps. THAT’S entertainment.
                    I hate that movie so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I hate that movie so much.
                      Good. Polarizing means ratings :)

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                        Mick Foley vs. The Rock in an empty arena match.
                        If Mills Lane hadn’t died, the halftime show could have been a live version of Celebrity Death Match.

Comment

This is the greatest halftime show ever and anyone who disagrees is wrong, completely and objectively.

https://youtu.be/6wMXHxWO4ns?si=VJRk_ZhwYcJy7WZ1

My other suggestion is a mini-Royal Rumble with college mascots. #30 is of course Big Red, the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                            This is the greatest halftime show ever and anyone who disagrees is wrong, completely and objectively.

https://youtu.be/6wMXHxWO4ns?si=VJRk_ZhwYcJy7WZ1

My other suggestion is a mini-Royal Rumble with college mascots. #30 is of course Big Red, the winner.
                            What would Brian Boitano do?

He’d probably kick an @ss or two, that’s what Brian Boitano’d do.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

What would Brian Boitano do?

He’d probably kick an @ss or two, that’s what Brian Boitano’d do.
                              My biggest (and probably only) flaw as a human is I haven't taken the time to see Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (yet).

It's on the list though!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I always thought it should be the opposite. Bring in someone just starting to get noticed on the club circuit or soundcloud. Let that be their springboard.
                                The kids at school were complaining that it's always old people.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X