Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semifinal Reseeding

As the anticipation grows for the games tomorrow, I am curious on everyone's thoughts about how the teams will be reseeded. Here is my ranking of how I'd expect the teams to be seeded:
    1. Mines
    2. Harding
    3. GVSU
    4. Lenoir Rhyne
    5. Valdosta
    6. Slippery Rock
    7. Kutztown
    8. Central Washington
    I think SR3 and SR4 are pretty clear in this. My only question would be if Slippery Rock could jump up and take the number 3 seed over Valdosta or LR? I think it is clear that SR1 has the weakest teams and should be fourth seed. But based on the strange results like last year, it seems possible we might see a Mines-Valdosta semifinal rematch?

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
    As the anticipation grows for the games tomorrow, I am curious on everyone's thoughts about how the teams will be reseeded. Here is my ranking of how I'd expect the teams to be seeded:
    1. Mines
    2. Harding
    3. GVSU
    4. Lenoir Rhyne
    5. Valdosta
    6. Slippery Rock
    7. Kutztown
    8. Central Washington
    I think SR3 and SR4 are pretty clear in this. My only question would be if Slippery Rock could jump up and take the number 3 seed over Valdosta or LR? I think it is clear that SR1 has the weakest teams and should be fourth seed. But based on the strange results like last year, it seems possible we might see a Mines-Valdosta semifinal rematch?
    It's really tough to say, because the NCAA isn't going to have a bias against SR1 like those who follow the sport do. So a 13-1 Slippery Rock could very well be seen as more valuable than a 13-1 LR.

SR's SOS going in to the playoffs was .495, they were 4-1 against teams over .500, their PI was 26.636.
    LR's SOS going in to the playoffs was .483, they were 3-1 against teams over .500, their PI was 26.727.
    Valdosta's SOS going in to the playoffs was .532, they were 4-1 against teams over .500, their PI was 27.667.

If SR and LR both won:

SR would then be 7-1 against teams over .500, and LR would be 6-1 against teams over .500, they would both have faced a 9-1 team in round one and an 11-0 team in round two. However, LR will have beaten a 13-1 team in round three and SR will have beaten an 11-2 team. So I think they would be pretty much dead even, based on SR's record against >.500 being better, but LR's SOS would get a little bit better boost.

Valdosta far and away would have the better numbers if they won and would definitely be the #3 then.

Mines would definitely be the #1, and both GV or Harding would definitely be #2. I checked their numbers as well and none of them are in any danger of not being in those spots. Even if Central Washington beat Mines, I think all that would do is put Central Washington at #2 and the GV/Harding winner at #1, although Valdosta could maybe, possibly have an argument to be #2. Not likely, though, because CWU would get a gigantic boost from beating Mines, since Mines far and away has the highest SOS (so OOWP would get a huge boost for CWU) and PI.
    Last edited by KleShreen; 12-01-2023, 03:19 PM.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

With the games wrapped up, it’s gotta be this right?
      1. Mines
      2. Harding
      3. LR
      4. Kutztown
      The only thing I could possibly see is Harding and Mines switching after Harding beat UCM and GVSU. Really doubt it and would strongly disagree, but the committee has made some weird choices in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
        With the games wrapped up, it’s gotta be this right?
        1. Mines
        2. Harding
        3. LR
        4. Kutztown
        The only thing I could possibly see is Harding and Mines switching after Harding beat UCM and GVSU. Really doubt it and would strongly disagree, but the committee has made some weird choices in the past.
        Really doubt what? What would be disagreed with?

Comment

Lenoir-Rhyne posted on X/Twitter that they're traveling to Harding. So, Kutztown is headed to Mines.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
            Lenoir-Rhyne posted on X/Twitter that they're traveling to Harding. So, Kutztown is headed to Mines.
            Yep, it’s official:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/d2/2023

Comment

On a related note, the game dates/start times and broadcast information for both semifinals have also been announced:

Saturday, December 9th
              *Lenoir-Rhyne at Harding, 12:00 PM ET (11:00 AM local/CT), ESPN+
              *Kutztown at Colorado School of Mines, 3:30 PM ET (1:30 PM local/MT), ESPN+

More information can be found in the bracket link shown in cwfenn's post directly above this one.

Comment

Look, I'm happy just to have this team finally make it to this point. Do I think KU will win, probably not, I know the reality of this situation. But my heart is on this ride to the end and knows nothing is 100% in sports. Go Bears!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X