Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Thoughts From A (Very Recently) Retired Bison

I’ve recently joined the board, and let’s just say I am a very recently retired Bison (like an hour ago). I am honored to have been a part of such a phenomenal team and I am very blessed to have started and lead my team to a national championship. That being said I wanted to address some things.
    1. Players read the boards. Most of the time just to get a laugh but when people attack a kid specifically on here that doesn’t go unseen.
    2. NCAA Regionality is a joke. I understand travel and money issues but it’s so obvious there is a lopsided region system as it currently stands. I’ll be interest to see how the realignment goes. I feel like the path for GV and Ferris just got wayyy easier.
    3. Central Missouri was the Real deal and deserves all the credit in the world. I’m not a “let’s sing kumbaya and all hold hands” kind of guy but I must give them credit. If they can fix their, crap talk look at me culture, they can be contenders
    4. Grand Valley had an extremely tough route and anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong. That being said injuries, as much as I hate it, play a big part of what it takes to win championships, “you gotta be good but you gotta be lucky too”
    5. Harding certainly doesn’t have the 2016 NW Missouri defense but we have, in my humble opinion, assembled one of the best D2 defenses ever considering no major NFL talents
    6. The Flexbone…. It’s boring, it’s highschool, it’s for a buncha kids that can’t play anywhere else. Ding ding ding, round of applause to everyone for those comments you win the average joe football watcher award. If you can’t understand the nuance of a run dominant offense and the level of skill and precision it takes to pull that off then you understand NOTHING about ball. You can dislike it and not want to run it and that’s fine I’m not a flexbone superiority guy but I promise you to call it Mickey Mouse or easy is just plain dumb.
    7. MOST DOMINANT RUSHING ATTACK EVER. Harding in my very biased opinion assembled one of the best Offensive line units ever considering “obvious size and strength limitations”
    8. Finally, ban Silo scheduling for all conferences. It’s bad for playoffs it makes teams look way too strong and luckily for Harding we got the 1 seed and proved we deserved it. But silo is stupid and should seriously be changed.

I’m interesting to see what anyone else has to say.

You guys proved me wrong and showed what you've got. Go enjoy this moment with your team, y'all need to celebrate

Comment

Originally posted by UniBison View Post
      I’ve recently joined the board, and let’s just say I am a very recently retired Bison (like an hour ago). I am honored to have been a part of such a phenomenal team and I am very blessed to have started and lead my team to a national championship. That being said I wanted to address some things.
      1. Players read the boards. Most of the time just to get a laugh but when people attack a kid specifically on here that doesn’t go unseen.
      2. NCAA Regionality is a joke. I understand travel and money issues but it’s so obvious there is a lopsided region system as it currently stands. I’ll be interest to see how the realignment goes. I feel like the path for GV and Ferris just got wayyy easier.
      3. Central Missouri was the Real deal and deserves all the credit in the world. I’m not a “let’s sing kumbaya and all hold hands” kind of guy but I must give them credit. If they can fix their, crap talk look at me culture, they can be contenders
      4. Grand Valley had an extremely tough route and anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong. That being said injuries, as much as I hate it, play a big part of what it takes to win championships, “you gotta be good but you gotta be lucky too”
      5. Harding certainly doesn’t have the 2016 NW Missouri defense but we have, in my humble opinion, assembled one of the best D2 defenses ever considering no major NFL talents
      6. The Flexbone…. It’s boring, it’s highschool, it’s for a buncha kids that can’t play anywhere else. Ding ding ding, round of applause to everyone for those comments you win the average joe football watcher award. If you can’t understand the nuance of a run dominant offense and the level of skill and precision it takes to pull that off then you understand NOTHING about ball. You can dislike it and not want to run it and that’s fine I’m not a flexbone superiority guy but I promise you to call it Mickey Mouse or easy is just plain dumb.
      7. MOST DOMINANT RUSHING ATTACK EVER. Harding in my very biased opinion assembled one of the best Offensive line units ever considering “obvious size and strength limitations”
      8. Finally, ban Silo scheduling for all conferences. It’s bad for playoffs it makes teams look way too strong and luckily for Harding we got the 1 seed and proved we deserved it. But silo is stupid and should seriously be changed.

And now that it’s all over and doesn’t matter any more let me say how damn proud I am of you for the player on the field, but more importantly for the young man off of it!

Comment

Words of gold. Well done and well said.

Comment

We heard all the same things when we ran the flex offense all the way to the national championship in 2013. We actually had a better team in 2014 but our coach who was in his first year made some real bad decisions. Congratulations on your championship and on breaking LR rushing record for a season. We didn’t think anyone would beat that record for sure. It was amazing watching Hardings offensive and how much the players were so similar in size and speed to our 2013 team. NWMS probably would have still won that game but it would have been great to have our starting quarterback for that game. He sprained his ankle in practice two days before the game. Totally enjoyed the bio on the head coach and his spirituality. I will say I didn’t care for a couple of the posters at first but left sider came around ok later with some good posts.

Comment

Spot on and I would also say you guys did a great job this year. Enjoy it...its very rare air so enjoy all of it. I wish GVSU could have been healthy when we played you...but we were not and you guys did what you needed to do to secure the win. Well done. Have your AD call our AD and lets play a home and home.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

Spot on and I would also say you guys did a great job this year. Enjoy it...it’s very rare air so enjoy all of it. I wish GVSU could have been healthy when we played you...but we were not and you guys did what you needed to do to secure the win. Well done. Have your AD call our AD and lets play a home and home.
              See section 8 for why that won’t happen :/

Comment

Congrats Harding - great season - enjoy

Comment

Congrats Uni on your Natty!. You guys were a complete team and it showed in the playoffs. Great points and I hope you stay on the board and contribute to the masses going forward.

Comment

[QUOTE=LeftSider;n806092]

See section 8 for why that won’t happen :/ Week Zero gets approved this year and you might be surprised what happens. GVSU already filled 24 but 25 has a few slots open for an up and comer.

Comment

You guys proved to a lot of us idiots here on the board that we still don't know nothing about no fooseball yet, despite hanging out there for years talking about it. Congrats on the win.

Comment

Welcome to the board..and congrats, heckuva performance by your squad!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X