Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old school plays.

Just happened to stumble across this post the other day and I thought it was pretty cool. It shows Delaware running what they call a Wing T Waggle to a Flood play back in 1977, Delaware would go on to win the D2 championship in 1979.

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Just happened to stumble across this post the other day and I thought it was pretty cool. It shows Delaware running what they call a Wing T Waggle to a Flood play back in 1977, Delaware would go on to win the D2 championship in 1979.
    Ah, Tubby Raymond…pretty good baseball coach too!

Comment

Love the old Wing T. Legendary Texas HS coach Gordon Wood went an incredible 396-91-15 with it. It uses the quarterback to freeze defenders similar to what Kenny Wheaton at Harding is doing with the Flexbone.

Comment

Wing T, single wing, and Double wing are still pretty popular in HS ball around here.

Comment

It’s still being used in some smaller rural schools of Texas as well. Last big city schools to use it with success were CyFair (Houston area), Kennedale HS (Ft. Worth area) and Callelen HS (Corpus Christ, TX). Harding recruits all these areas.
          Last edited by OldBison; 02-21-2024, 11:30 AM.

Comment

All I know is that on NCAA 14, the QB Midline Iso out of the flexbone is unstoppable.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Love it, Kle! If real football and video games were the same, you’d be a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                Love it, Kle! If real football and video games were the same, you’d be a genius.
                Agreed. Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada's 3 Heisman trophies and Navy's 7 national championships under my tutelage are proof.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X