Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabama A&M dropped Fayetteville State from their schedule, so they have an open date then again

EDIT: They released their schedule, and they're picking up Valdosta State that week instead
    Last edited by Finchwidget; 04-29-2024, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Colorado Mesa just posted their 2024 non conference schedule.

Rumors are true with a home game against Central Washington and road game at Kingsville.

8/29: @ Kingsville
      9/14: vs. Central Washington

2024 Football Schedule - Colorado Mesa University Athletics (cmumavericks.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post
        Alabama A&M dropped Fayetteville State from their schedule, so they have an open date then again

EDIT: They released their schedule, and they're picking up Valdosta State that week instead
        Wonder what happened there. Bama A&M's coach got his start years ago being the OC at Fayetteville State, so I figured he had good relations with them. Interesting that Fayetteville State was dropped in favor of NAIA Georgetown College.

Comment

Seton Hill released its schedule:
          A-29 @ Fairmont State University
          S-5 vs Ohio Dominican University

Comment

Erskine released their schedule. Week 0 vs. NAIA St. Andrews and Week 2 vs. Elizabeth City

Comment

WSSU also picked up a Week 0 game vs Bluefield State, which should fill both schools St Aug's vacancy. No official word on if its non-conference, but I'm gonna assume it is until proven otherwise

Comment

WSSU also picked up a Week 0 game vs Bluefield State, which should fill both schools St Aug's vacancy. No official word on if its non-conference, but I'm gonna assume it is until proven otherwise
                That's typically the case when CIAA schools face off outside of the Week 3-5 time-frame. It's almost always a non-conference game.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Central State picking up a Week 0 match against FCS Morehead State, from Moreheads schedule release. Also, Post finally released their schedule, and they're open W1 and W11. Half the NE-10 down and half to go (quite literally, since Pace only released half of their schedule)

Comment

Roosevelt is playing Valpo Week 3, which I believe makes them the only team this year to play teams from 4 different levels of CFB (FCS, D2, D3, NAIA). I'm sure other teams have done it too, but I can't imagine it's that common

Comment

Franklin Pierce has announced their schedule on Twitter:
                      Non-Conference games
                      S-7 @ Bryant University
                      S-14 vs Assumption University
                      W0 and W5 are their open weeks

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jayhawk Fan View Post
                        Franklin Pierce has announced their schedule on Twitter:
                        Non-Conference games
                        S-7 @ Bryant University
                        S-14 vs Assumption University
                        W0 and W5 are their open weeks
                        Awesome, this gave me enough information to extrapolate out the other teams open dates. Right now I have Pace open W7, Bentley W9, and Southern Connecticut W10-- I'll be sure to change it in the event I'm wrong though

Comment

Roosevelt is playing Valpo Week 3, which I believe makes them the only team this year to play teams from 4 different levels of CFB (FCS, D2, D3, NAIA). I'm sure other teams have done it too, but I can't imagine it's that common
                          Challenge accepted. LOL

I believe the 2018 Hampton team played teams at 5 levels of football (FCS, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA). That team is also in the rare field of a FCS team traveling to a D3 team.

I agree though, it's got to be very rare these days.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Challenge accepted. LOL

I believe the 2018 Hampton team played teams at 5 levels of football (FCS, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA). That team is also in the rare field of a FCS team traveling to a D3 team.

I stand corrected, lol. I didn't even know FCS teams COULD play D3 teams, but I guess when you're an independent like Hampton was, you gotta do whatever you need to to fill a schedule.

Comment

I stand corrected, lol. I didn't even know FCS teams COULD play D3 teams, but I guess when you're an independent like Hampton was, you gotta do whatever you need to to fill a schedule.
                              New teams in their transition period are likely to do it as well. Commerce played the Lincoln, CA and North American turds their first year in FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Challenge accepted. LOL

For context, Roosevelt will be entering their first full season in D2 as part of their move from NAIA.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X