Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
    This is so good. Been saying the same thing.
    Also you will not see school records being made or broken. It usually takes 3 or 4 years for a player to play long enough at a school to break school records.
    And what about conference honors? You can’t win those every year if you leave.
    The portal is changing college football or exploiting this “me” generation.
    This generation is no more a me generation than any others. Coaches have been leaving teams for decades to pursue other opportunities. Employers will fire individuals without question if they think it best. Why should loyalty only be expected one way? Good on this generation for getting theirs rather than being used.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

"88% of players end up out of football."

I was speaking with a college football administrator who unequivocally told me any player from his school that entered the portal would NOT be allowed to play for his school ever again. In other words, putting your toe In the water to see if the grass was greener meant never returning to your original pasture. Period. Big period. You may have been a benchwarmer. You may have been a backup. You may have been a starter. You may have been a star. Whatever........you are GONE from his school. Don't even think about pleading for a second chance.
      I bet this same individual would have zero problems leaving for a better opportunity though. Laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

This generation is no more a me generation than any others. Coaches have been leaving teams for decades to pursue other opportunities. Employers will fire individuals without question if they think it best. Why should loyalty only be expected one way? Good on this generation for getting theirs rather than being used.
        Certainly I understand the motive for most entering the portal and perhaps some may feel like they have used, but the programs that work to help players grow and earn degrees and create a connection with the school is what will last a life time. These relationships can be so valuable in job hunting, creating a legacy, and giving back.

#BlazerNation

Comment

We will see this works out for the young man. Wishing him the best. Hillsdale did a heckuva job developing a Wing T QB into an SEC receiver. Isaac obviously deserves a ton of credit as well. I will be cheering for him 11 weeks of the season (all but Mississippi State. My kid and my money go there.) and twice as hard when the Hawgs play Ole Miss so I guess that makes it 12.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post

We will see this works out for the young man. Wishing him the best. Hillsdale did a heckuva job developing a Wing T QB into an SEC receiver. Isaac obviously deserves a ton of credit as well. I will be cheering for him 11 weeks of the season (all but Mississippi State. My kid and my money go there.) and twice as hard when the Hawgs play Ole Miss so I guess that makes it 12.
            Did this same kid commit to Iowa the other day? or an I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

Did this same kid commit to Iowa the other day? or an I wrong?
              He retweeted another kid who committed. I also thought he'd committed to Iowa. Those fans wanted him really badly. He probably wanted more than 15 targets for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post

I will also be cheering for this young man as he is not only great at football he is also a great person. Arkansas just signed another 6’7” WR from the portal. They could have a fun WR group to watch next season.

Isaac is not the normal DII guy as not many DII guys are good enough to get multiple P5 offers and if they are they should go. My concern is for all the DII guys just looking to jump ship. If you are a DII player your #1 goal should be to get your diploma. How many of these transfer guys ever graduate? Not all credits transfer and now a player could be starting their undergrad major from start when they were less than 2 years away from walking away with a degree at the school they left. Trading a degree for a chance where you might play at another school is not looking out for the student athletes. The go get yours attitude is for the short term minded people. Go get your degree should be what we preach to the DII athlete.

Comment

Just some DII transfer news for Hillsdale players:

Isaac Teslaa WR - Arkansas
                  Kyle Kudla MLB - Slippery Rock (Grad Transfer)
                  Luke Keller QB - Indianapolis (Grad Transfer)

Comment

Originally posted by SVSUAlum View Post

I will also be cheering for this young man as he is not only great at football he is also a great person. Arkansas just signed another 6’7” WR from the portal. They could have a fun WR group to watch next season.

Isaac is not the normal DII guy as not many DII guys are good enough to get multiple P5 offers and if they are they should go. My concern is for all the DII guys just looking to jump ship. If you are a DII player your #1 goal should be to get your diploma. How many of these transfer guys ever graduate? Not all credits transfer and now a player could be starting their undergrad major from start when they were less than 2 years away from walking away with a degree at the school they left. Trading a degree for a chance where you might play at another school is not looking out for the student athletes. The go get yours attitude is for the short term minded people. Go get your degree should be what we preach to the DII athlete.
                    There is so much unknown to be judging anyone that chooses to enter the portal. These student athletes are old enough to die in war, I think we can allow them to play football where they want without concern.

Comment

There is so much unknown to be judging anyone that chooses to enter the portal. These student athletes are old enough to die in war, I think we can allow them to play football where they want without concern.
                      No concern to me as I used the game of football to get myself a free education with a degree that has provided nicely for my family. Just want the same for other DII athletes. Just hate to see kids get played by the game and end up with nothing rather than using the game to get a better life. Everyone acts like these DII kids are going to play in the NFL.

Comment

SVSUAlum gets it. Use football, don't let football use you.

I was a junior college transfer from California and earned a scholarship to play at Delta State. My Junior season was 2006. In one of my classes we had a few football players. Some of us were kind of slacking off. The teacher, an old baseball coach, said "I don't see any Reggie Bushs in this classroom! You all better start taking school serious." I'll never forget that. That teacher, along with one of my coaches saying "Use football, don't let football use you," is the reason I buckled down and earned my degree. I can't say the same for some of my teammates. Some guys played 4 years of college football and have nothing to show for it.

​​​​​I'm proud I earned my degree and took advantage of the opportunity. I have my diploma and a 2007 GSC championship ring from DSU. Academic and football memories.
                        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

I was a junior college transfer from California and earned a scholarship to play at Delta State. My Junior season was 2006. In one of my classes we had a few football players. Some of us were kind of slacking off. The teacher, an old baseball coach, said "I don't see any Reggie Bushs in this classroom! You all better start taking school serious." I'll never forget that. That teacher, along with one of my coaches saying "Use football, don't let football use you," is the reason I buckled down and earned my degree. I can't say the same for some of my teammates. Some guys played 4 years of college football and have nothing to show for it.

​​​​​I'm proud I earned my degree and took advantage of the opportunity. I have my diploma and a 2007 GSC championship ring from DSU. Academic and football memories.
                          That’s what it’s all about and you won a conference championship!! Great job man and great job to the people at Delta State to help you along the way. That DSU squad was great this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

This is a great story.

Comment

No concern to me as I used the game of football to get myself a free education with a degree that has provided nicely for my family. Just want the same for other DII athletes. Just hate to see kids get played by the game and end up with nothing rather than using the game to get a better life. Everyone acts like these DII kids are going to play in the NFL.
                              I'm not sure who is acting like they're going to play in the NFL. Coaches and administrators leave all the time for better situations but now the players can and it's a big deal? My company just decided 2 weeks before Christmas to end contract support on a big contract, I left to get a 30% pay raise to do literally the exact same job but from a different email address at another company. Should I have stayed to be loyal to someone not loyal to me? Let these young men make decisions on where to play and go to school, they're not kids. People take different paths to find success, doesn't have to be the same one you took.

Comment

I'm not sure who is acting like they're going to play in the NFL. Coaches and administrators leave all the time for better situations but now the players can and it's a big deal? My company just decided 2 weeks before Christmas to end contract support on a big contract, I left to get a 30% pay raise to do literally the exact same job but from a different email address at another company. Should I have stayed to be loyal to someone not loyal to me? Let these young men make decisions on where to play and go to school, they're not kids. People take different paths to find success, doesn't have to be the same one you took.
                                Hate to tell ya these kids aren’t getting 30% pay raises. In fact over 80% don’t find a new home and probably a huge percentage of those never get a degree. Congrats on your 30% pay raise, I assume you got that with a degree from a college. Very impressive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X