Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Season, New Battles

The GMAC members will soon begin the 2023 season, with hopes of more teams doing well on the national scene. No easy task. Money, facilities, coaches, academics all play a part in the recruiting process. No secret that some d2 schools contribute more to their football programs that do other schools. Don't know how many GMAC schools are fully-funded. Hillsdale is a fully-funded program and the players reported to campus yesterday, August 6. Ashland will most likely be the pick to finish first. Thomas Moore (is that the name?) joins the league this year and might well be picked last. Also, need more posters to participate.

I imagine the top 4 teams will be Ashland, Findlay, Tiffin, and ODU in some order. Of course it's always entertaining to watch Hillsdale upset one or more of the top teams in a given year.

Comment

Does anyone know if the coaches poll is out for the GMAC? I can’t find it

Comment

Originally posted by SuperOily View Post
        I imagine the top 4 teams will be Ashland, Findlay, Tiffin, and ODU in some order. Of course it's always entertaining to watch Hillsdale upset one or more of the top teams in a given year.
        Kentucky Wesleyan #1.

Just kidding. ;)

Comment

https://twitter.com/GreatMidwestAC/s...245638144?s=20

Ashland, Tiffin, Findlay, Ohio Dominican, Hillsdale...

Comment

Thanks Oilerfan

Comment

2023 FOOTBALL COACHES PRESEASON POLL
              1. Ashland (6) 78
              2. Tiffin (3) 71
              3. Findlay (1) 64
              4. Ohio Dominican 60
              5. Hillsdale 51
              6.Northwood 39
              7. Kentucky Wesleyan 27
              8. Lake Erie 25
              9. Walsh 22
              10. Thomas More 13

Comment

Should be another fun GMAC season! I'm fine with the preseason poll. Honestly I think the top 5 teams are all pretty good and could land the top spot. While Ashland is the defending champion and have a good core back, whenever you have a new head coach and a new QB you never know what is going to happen. Also starting your season with IUP, Ferris State, Hillsdale, Tiffin, ODU might be the toughest 5 weeks in D2 to start the year.

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
                  Should be another fun GMAC season! I'm fine with the preseason poll. Honestly I think the top 5 teams are all pretty good and could land the top spot. While Ashland is the defending champion and have a good core back, whenever you have a new head coach and a new QB you never know what is going to happen. Also starting your season with IUP, Ferris State, Hillsdale, Tiffin, ODU might be the toughest 5 weeks in D2 to start the year.
                  Holy crap? That's a NASTY start to a season!

Comment

Hillsdale begins with three road trips: Indy, Mich Tech., Ashland, and then home to face Findlay. Tough start to begin the season.

Comment

So, Thomas Moore joins the GMAC this season. Anyone have ideas or info about this team. I checked their website. Last year D3. Nice basketball arena, but only showed a field shot of the football stadium. Don't know what the rest looks like. Will the "Saints" finish last, as predicted in the preseason pool?

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
                        So, Thomas Moore joins the GMAC this season. Anyone have ideas or info about this team. I checked their website. Last year D3. Nice basketball arena, but only showed a field shot of the football stadium. Don't know what the rest looks like. Will the "Saints" finish last, as predicted in the preseason pool?
                        I think they'll win a couple league games. I have no basis for this other than I like to root for the underdog. As long as that underdog isn't playing Findlay. :D

Comment

Thomas Mire was NAIA last year, not D3

in football they’ll be another bottom feeder, in men’s basketball, they are very good and will compete with the top teams in the league.

Comment

I think there is a lot of change in the conference this year from coaches to players. Could make for an interesting year and I don’t see anyone going undefeated in the conference. Here is my best guess at the finish:
                            1. Findlay - I am going with the team with the best offensive lineman and he might be the best player of any position in the league. Michael Jerrell for GMAC player of the year!
                            2. Tiffin - Going with the best defensive front and they do have to replace some productive skill positions but Tiffin always seems to have talent.
                            3. Ashland - Just too many questions for me to put them in the top 2. New coach, new QB, new a lot. Yes they are another team that always has talent so won’t shock me if they repeat.
                            4. Ohio D. - I think you could write them in this spot every year. This could be the year they climb even higher and I would enjoy that. I like how this team plays and they are always well coached.
                            5. Kentucky W. - Look for KW to start the year 2-1 and that will give them some confidence heading into a season where they could go 5-6 and build off of the 2-9 record last season.
                            6. Northwood - They lost a very talented WR but I think the new coach gives this team a boost and they win 4 or 5 games.
                            7. Hillsdale - Lost their best player in WR Isaac Teslaa and their offensive (QB) and defensive (LB) captains to transfer portal to Indianapolis and Slippery Rock. Leaving tons of questions at the Dale.
                            8. Lake Erie - The loss of their top receiver to Davenport will hurt badly but with the teams remaining I think I will take a team that was very competitive in most games last year.
                            9. Walsh - If the offense can score they can win a couple of games.
                            10. Thomas More - Coming to DII from the NAIA could be a rough transition for a few years.

Comment

From SVSUAlum: 7. Hillsdale - Lost their best player in WR Isaac Teslaa and their offensive (QB) and defensive (LB) captains to transfer portal to Indianapolis and Slippery Rock. Leaving tons of questions at the Dale. Tons of questions is a fair assessment of what the Chargers will offer this season. However, most of the offensive line returns along with two backup QBs that have seen playing time. The loss of Isaac Teslaa through the portal to D1 Univ. of Arkansas Razorbacks is a big loss. Teslaa was described by a couple of his coaches at Hillsdale as an "athletic freak!" They meant that he was gifted and made catches that no one has seen at the Dale for many, many years. Still, Hillsdale retains many good players and several new faces that might contribute immediately. I think that picking the Chargers to finish 5th in the GMAC is fair considering what they have done in the past couple of years. Of course, Charger fans are hoping the team will do better, and they are always a threat to win any game during the season. That was highlighted last year when they knocked off ranked Ashland for the Eagles only loss during he regular season. Hillsdale does have the most experienced coaching staff. HC Keith Otterbein begins his 22nd season at the Dale. His OC, Nate Sheffler, a former Charger player, begins his 23rd season. Hillsdale always fields an exciting team to watch and will do so again this year, but to make the playoffs they will have to improve overall. The Chargers enter 2023 coming off a 5-6 season, but one that included three losses by seven points or less and a fourth that was a one-score game with under seven minutes to play in the fourth quarter. With six of the program's top seven rushers returning from 2022, led by senior and first team All-G-MAC tailback Michael Herzog, and all five starters on the offensive line, Hillsdale will lean on its punishing ground game as the foundation of what could be a dynamic offense. Defensively, Hillsdale is experienced in the secondary with returning impact players Vince Francescone and Sam Zemis headlining. Junior Riley Tolsma was the Chargers' top pass rusher in 2022 and will look to build on his breakout season in 2023.
                              Last edited by DaleDude; 08-26-2023, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X