Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
    From SVSUAlum: 7. Hillsdale - Lost their best player in WR Isaac Teslaa and their offensive (QB) and defensive (LB) captains to transfer portal to Indianapolis and Slippery Rock. Leaving tons of questions at the Dale. Tons of questions is a fair assessment of what the Chargers will offer this season. However, most of the offensive line returns along with two backup QBs that have seen playing time. The loss of Isaac Teslaa through the portal to D1 Univ. of Arkansas Razorbacks is a big loss. Teslaa was described by a couple of his coaches at Hillsdale as an "athletic freak!" They meant that he was gifted and made catches that no one has seen at the Dale for many, many years. Still, Hillsdale retains many good players and several new faces that might contribute immediately. I think that picking the Chargers to finish 5th in the GMAC is fair considering what they have done in the past couple of years. Of course, Charger fans are hoping the team will do better, and they are always a threat to win any game during the season. That was highlighted last year when they knocked off ranked Ashland for the Eagles only loss during he regular season. Hillsdale does have the most experienced coaching staff. HC Keith Otterbein begins his 22nd season at the Dale. His OC, Nate Sheffler, a former Charger player, begins his 23rd season. Hillsdale always fields an exciting team to watch and will do so again this year, but to make the playoffs they will have to improve overall. The Chargers enter 2023 coming off a 5-6 season, but one that included three losses by seven points or less and a fourth that was a one-score game with under seven minutes to play in the fourth quarter. With six of the program's top seven rushers returning from 2022, led by senior and first team All-G-MAC tailback Michael Herzog, and all five starters on the offensive line, Hillsdale will lean on its punishing ground game as the foundation of what could be a dynamic offense. Defensively, Hillsdale is experienced in the secondary with returning impact players Vince Francescone and Sam Zemis headlining. Junior Riley Tolsma was the Chargers' top pass rusher in 2022 and will look to build on his breakout season in 2023.
    I don’t disagree with anything you said but the inconsistency last year and losing players like they lost gives me pause on the Chargers. The RB is REALLY good and the Oline does have great experience. Do you know if their lineman that blew out his knee last year is back? Not sure but I think it was their center. Hope you’re right on the Dale as I do like watching them play but with the opening 4 games they have it’s gonna be an up hill fight. Best to your team DaleDude as you seem to know your chargers well.

Comment

You know DaleDude after looking at things again your right Hillsdale probably does deserve a 5th place rating. Your points about the offense line have me convinced. What can I say us lineman stick together! I do think KW is going to make some improvement this year so the game against them could be for that 5th place. Should be some great games in the GLIAC and GMAC this year. Ashland, Northwood, and Hillsdale are the teams I mostly watch as they were all in my league back long ago. Plus with the GMAC games being free to watch it’s easy to catch up on the teams.

Comment

I enjoy watching GLIAC games, but they are not free like the GMAC. The Dale, the Wood, the Ashes, being former GLIAC teams have made the GMAC a much better conference than it was before those teams left the GLIAC. Lots of controversy why they chose to make the switch, but it wasn't entirely because GV and Fairie St., dominated the GLIAC. I know Hillsdale didn't always appreciate the big state schools dictating their view and opinions about how the league was operated. I believe that the GMAC has the ability to become one of the better, if not eventually one of the best, d2 conferences. Now the boys from the GLIAC who are long-time posters on this board will most likely vehemently disagree. We know who the current 1,000-pound beasts are: they are two of the top picks for the 2023 season...in the GLIAC. No argument. Those teams have proven themselves on the field, but off the field there are questions, not so much with GV, but with Ferris. No need to go into detail, because most people associated with d2 have knowledge of FSU's modus operandi. Good golf school, though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X