• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Re: Derek Redd reports Shepherd is leaving the MEC after next year

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
    18 years? You do know about half of the current GMAC schools competed in 16 of those 18 years in the GLIAC??
    Pulled the information off the GLIAC web site under accomplishments. Don't like the numbers...take it up with them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Is what it is when it comes to these type of things.

Take IUP for example. Lot of sports, yes. Let's just say it's not equal distribution of funds and priorities inside the athletic department.

The baseball program at IUP might as well be in Siberia. All the money goes in to three sports. The rest just kind of survive with what they get. Some, like women's volleyball and women's tennis, even thrive despite the 'second tier' status they unofficially receive.

Check out the coaches' salaries and offices. Joe Lombardi has a presidential suite. Soccer has a broom closet.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    Slippery slope. The someone will ask about tennis. Then someone will ask about x, etc. ;)

The reason I excluded soccer was because I picked two fall sports, one winter sport, and two spring sports. I could easily be persuaded to remove cross county and replace it with the soccer teams.
    Thanks
    I'd base it on the number of teams participating nationwide. D2 wrestling (60 schools) and field jockey (30 schools???) should definitely be out of the formulation. Soccer (M-215 schools/ W-267 schools) absolutely should be in.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Soccer/soccer ???
    Slippery slope. The someone will ask about tennis. Then someone will ask about x, etc. ;)

The reason I excluded soccer was because I picked two fall sports, one winter sport, and two spring sports. I could easily be persuaded to remove cross county and replace it with the soccer teams.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Exactly...so it would be a Big East title because they were a member of the Big East for wrestling. If they were an independent, it would be a Summit League credit.
    And, to the original point re: NDC wrestling...

If I'm not mistaken, NONE of the MEC's members with wrestling programs, including NDC, are affiliated with a conference AND the MEC doesn't sponsor wrestling.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    In my opinion, the director's cup should only count.

Football/Volleyball
    Cross Country/Cross Country
    Basketball/Basketball
    Baseball/Softball
    Track&Field/Track&Field

Something like that. The same T&F team can score director's cup points for both indoor and outdoor.
    Soccer/soccer ???

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You could have gotten your school 100 Directors Cup points! That alone would have been enough to rank your team above 18 SR1 schools!!!!!!!!!

Bowing atuds don't get the chicks...That is unless you're Ernie McCracken..."Big Ern" gets ALL the ladies!!!
    Lol

Don't get Munsoned.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

In my opinion, the director's cup should only count.

Football/Volleyball
    Cross Country/Cross Country
    Basketball/Basketball
    Baseball/Softball
    Track&Field/Track&Field

Something like that. The same T&F team can score director's cup points for both indoor and outdoor.

Leave a comment:

• ESU Warrior
    replied

Sorry...Been working nights.

In just five years of existence, MEC institutions have produced:

Three team NCAA Division II champions
    Seven national finals appearances
    18 national semifinals appearances
    18 Atlantic Region/SR1 titles
    104 NCAA postseason berths
    Every MEC team has been selected at least once to participate in the NCAA playoffs

This comes out to:

.6 National Championships per year
    3.6 Regional Titles per year

According to the GLIAC web site between 2000 and 2018 (18 years) they have achieved:

24 National Championships
    142 Regional Championships

That works out to:

1.3 National Championships per year
    7.8 Regional Titles per year

Care to post the GMAC's "resume" so we can compare??
    18 years? You do know about half of the current GMAC schools competed in 16 of those 18 years in the GLIAC??

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Bad timing ... I'd have been a clear cut, blue chip, full ride, D1 bowler.

Ahead of my time.

I'm sure, BTW, the bowling studs get all the chicks.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You could have gotten your school 100 Directors Cup points! That alone would have been enough to rank your team above 18 SR1 schools!!!!!!!!!

Bowing atuds don't get the chicks...That is unless you're Ernie McCracken..."Big Ern" gets ALL the ladies!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Bad timing ... I'd have been a clear cut, blue chip, full ride, D1 bowler.

Ahead of my time.

I'm sure, BTW, the bowling studs get all the chicks.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

That could be. But I also have an issue with the point allocation among the various sports. For example, there are 10 teams in the nation that play DII Field Hockey. The winner of Field Hockey gets 100 points in the standings...Just like the #1 Football team. The #5 Field Hockey team gets 25 points...just like the TWELVE #17 rated Football teams!! Don't worry though, Alaska Fairbanks did pick up 112 points for finishing #6 and 12 in Riffle and Skiing (I'm assuming that is snow skiing??)!!:bulgy-eyes:
    Last edited by boatcapt; 07-11-2018, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Yea...I don't take the Directors Cup very seriously. They seem to forget about teams at random intervals...This year they appear to have forgotten about UVA-Wise in the MEC, Cheyney in the PSAC and Cedarville, KWC and Trevecca from the GMAC...And these are the three conferences I checked! I would imagine that there are other schools they forgot about from other conferences as well. Kind of like those preseason DII polls that give a "break down" of teams and include players that graduated the previous year and then expect you to trust that they are DII experts.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    BoatCapt, If you re-read my post, I completely concede that the MEC has had a more successful early go. For some of those years, we only had 6 schools (that no other conference wanted). However, my post was directed toward the present and future. The G-MAC has certainly worked to improve its standing via expansion. This year, the G-MAC had 4 teams in the Directors Cup top 100
    Yea...I don't take the Directors Cup very seriously. They seem to forget about teams at random intervals...This year they appear to have forgotten about UVA-Wise in the MEC, Cheyney in the PSAC and Cedarville, KWC and Trevecca from the GMAC...And these are the three conferences I checked! I would imagine that there are other schools they forgot about from other conferences as well. Kind of like those preseason DII polls that give a "break down" of teams and include players that graduated the previous year and then expect you to trust that they are DII experts.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X