Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNC Pembroke new MEC Associate member???

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNC Pembroke new MEC Associate member???

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Feel me in here ... why would UNC Pembroke want to join the MEC? Eight of its games this year (football) are in the state of NC.

What am I missing here?
    Your missing a post on a consulting companies Twitter feed saying that UNCP was considering associate membership with the MEC for football, wrestling and swimming. Apparently one of that consulting company posts was right once so we're taking this new one as gospel.

I don't think it makes much sense unless there are other schools in play that we don't yet know about.

Other than that, you ain't missing a dag gone thing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Your missing a post on a consulting companies Twitter feed saying that UNCP was considering associate membership with the MEC for football, wrestling and swimming. Apparently one of that consulting company posts was right once so we're taking this new one as gospel.

Comment

I don't know who posted the Twitter post but I wouldnt be surprised if it was that consulting company.

Just speculating that other teams unknown are involved because UNCP by themselves doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But hey, maybe they think they would have a better shot in SR1 than were they are now.

Comment

West Liberty has done done a home and home with Pembroke, a few years ago, other schools that WLU pkayed were Virginia State and Catawba, so that would lead me to believe the MEC would look south into Virginia and NC for other schools

Comment

Sorry, just finishing a growler from Wheeling Brew Keepers

Comment

Don't apologize for drinking good beer!!

Comment

If you get to 14 fb schools, unc pembroke, Barton, and ab... then you go east west in groups of 7... follow psac scheduling rules and see what happens

Unc pembroke played concord (1-1) and wv state (0-2) recently - 4.5 hr trip -

If you add AB & D&E as full conference member - in basketball , you would have a 12 game round robin only allows for 2 non conference games and conference challenge... if basketball is on the decline in the MEC, then dropping from 4 games to 2 non Conference would hopefully keep bottom half of league from losing to a ciaa or psac opponent...

Will be interesting and possible expensive for the schools involved

AB would be full member

You add d&e to lower travel costs and increase conference games in hoops, baseball, softball, and volleyball so you can get more at large teams
                Last edited by WVIAC-F-EVER; 08-05-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WVIAC-F-EVER View Post
                  If you get to 14 fb schools, unc pembroke, Barton, and ab... then you go east west in groups of 7... follow psac scheduling rules and see what happens

If you add d&e as full conference member - in basketball , you would have a 12 game round robin only allows for 2 non conference games and conference challenge... if basketball is on the decline in the MEC, then dropping from 4 games to 2 non Conference would hopefully keep bottom half of league from losing to a ciaa or psac opponent...

I wouldn't say basketball is on the decline. Wheeling Jesuit will fall way back this year but Concord may replace them ... keeping a Big 3. Fairmont is going to be very strong this year along with WL.
                  Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 08-05-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WVIAC-F-EVER View Post

If you add d&e as full conference member - in basketball , you would have a 12 game round robin only allows for 2 non conference games and conference challenge... if basketball is on the decline in the MEC, then dropping from 4 games to 2 non Conference would hopefully keep bottom half of league from losing to a ciaa or psac opponent...

Doubt AB would leave just football and become an associate member of the MEC. Probably all or nothing with them (Full MEC member or stay a full GMAC member). For them to be part of the 14 team football scenario you are talking about, they would also be the 12th basketball member which would eliminate the need (if we assume that a 12th team is needed for basketball) for D&E. But I keep coming back to the question that no one seems willing to answer visa vie D&E, beyond having a pulse (barely), what does D&E bring to the athletic table that would make the MEC want them as a member? They were a door mat in the WVIAC...they are a door mat in the GMAC...they would be a door mat in the MEC. Why would the MEC want to saddle themselves with a door mat program as a full member? An associate member in a couple of secondary sports? Sure...Those are basically year to year deals so it's easy to end them if a better school comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      I wouldn't say basketball is on the decline. Wheeling Jesuit will fall way back this year but Concord may replace them ... keeping a Big 3. Fairmont is going to be very strong this year along with WL.
                      Bad teams lose...that's why they are bad teams! In the second tier of almost any conference, there can be wild W/L changes for teams from year to year. Case in point, NDC went from a 20+ win team in 16 that beat Fairmont, WJU and WLU to a 6 win team in 18 that lost to Millersville and Gannon.

WJU should consider a 10 win season this coming year to be a very good year!!

Comment

I recall NDC lost its big star last year for essentially the entire season. Is he back this year?

Comment

He is back for NDC - https://notredamefalcons.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7562

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X