Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At last it's over!

I recounted and came up with 28...Sorry I didn't correct the second the second occurrence of 21! I had heard Haggerty was part time but that was several years ago...Don't know about Bonar or McGhee or weather they are full time or part time. I believe DII is limited to eight full-time coaches. I do note that Bonar was a coach at Bishop Donohoe but I don't see any indication that he has another job. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if he (OR Haggerty) is full time now. As for how much a part-time coach can put toward recruiting, guess that depends on the coach. I heard something similar on Amedro during the season.

Hey...You'll get no love from me about how this staff was (and is) managed. If the HC has $ and is permitted by the NCAA to have eight full time coaches and he choses to have only seven, that's a poor management decision and he get's what he deserves...if he makes promises to coaches and then reniges, that is his issue that he will have to deal with. If we have only 4 full time defensive coaches and 2 full time offensive coaches right now, he needs to be taking steps right NOW to recruit and sign new coaches. If he isn't doing that, he will get what he deserves (another 3 win season).

Comment

Boat, you going to be throwing out any recruiting names and where they played anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
        Boat, you going to be throwing out any recruiting names and where they played anytime soon?
        Not right now. I only do that when there is an indication that they have signed with WLU. The 28 players are those who have said they have offers from WLU. I note that many have other offers besides WLU so there is no guarantee they will end up on the Hilltop.

The 28 is more a "level of activity" number for me. Years past at this time you might see five or six players post that they had received an offer from WLU. While it is possible that WLU coaches are no more active this year than in years past and that reported increase in offers is just a matter of this years class just posting more, I doubt it. I think it is evidence of a much more active recruiting effort.

But while increased activity and apparent increased use of social media are positive signs, true test is the quality of the players that actually end up coming to WLU to play. Won't know that until after NSD.

Comment

They are offering many guys with offers from IUP, Cal and Slippery Rock. Those are going to be uphill battles to win for WL. Several WPIAL guys.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            They are offering many guys with offers from IUP, Cal and Slippery Rock. Those are going to be uphill battles to win for WL. Several WPIAL guys.
            As they say, got to be in it to win it! Much will come down to what each school is willing to offer and how each player evaluates the roster make-up of each school. I'm sure WLU will get a few as will IUP, Cal and SRU (and others).

Comment

https://twitter.com/coach_brianhill/...825365504?s=21 They are definitely more active on Twitter now than before

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                https://twitter.com/coach_brianhill/...825365504?s=21 They are definitely more active on Twitter now than before
                And that one innocent Twitter post yesterday about putting players in a WLU uniform resulted in 35 players wanting to talk to WLU or take a look at them. Probably 99% of them will never come to WLU, but if each post produces 1 legit prospect that wants to come to WLU, it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                  And that one innocent Twitter post yesterday about putting players in a WLU uniform resulted in 35 players wanting to talk to WLU or take a look at them. Probably 99% of them will never come to WLU, but if each post produces 1 legit prospect that wants to come to WLU, it's worth it.

Comment

Kellar seems to be the most active followed by Hill, Monteroso and Hopkins. Haven't really been tracking them but that's the "feel" I get.

The info I have on Amedro is second hand but I trust the guy who passed it along. Last info I got made it sound like it was a fore gone conclusion that he was leaving after the season and only came back during the season because he had committed to the QB's that he would be there for them. Perhaps cooler heads have prevailed, they've hugged-it-out and he will be back next year but I haven't heard anything like that yet.

Comment

Comment

Similar to what I heard...There was a period (several games?) were he was gone but came back/was talked back for appearances.

I don't think there is a whole lot of chance he comes back but you never know. If his beef is with the HC and the HC retires, maybe Amedro is more inclined to come back.

Comment

Comment

Lets just hope there is a new regime!

Comment

I think a perfect situation for him would be to be the OC under an offensive minded HC like Kellar.

Comment

Does D2 have the same early signing period as D1?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X