X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Layton View Post
    -3 total yards rushing. Looking at the box score the defense actually played well. Offense is putrid.
    Let's not go overboard on the D. They played OK but when compared to the offense and special teams, they looked better than they actually were.

To the best of my knowledge, WLU is still fully funded for schollys and just did a complete blow out Reno of their weight room. So it isn't a lack of scholly $s or poor facilities that are keeping them down. It's who the coaches bring in AND how they coach them up once they are here.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Guys, I am doing great. I just need to lose a little weight, and I am staying away from people during the time of COVID.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post

Man, it is beyond understanding! Especially when they made the big bump up to near fully funded status & that with being able to readily recruit Ohio/Pa areas.

Wow, what Monte would have been able to put on the field with that extra 10-15 rides for the last eight or so years!

Good to hear from you RT & hope you are doing OK.
    Yes Ram Tough ! VERY good to hear from you and hope all is well!

Leave a comment:

• Clydes 'N Rams
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
    Geez man! I remember going back and forth with some of you WLU guys over the years, but this is sad. I remember the Amedro years and when WLU made a scholarship commitment to football. Even when the decline started, WLU was still competitive. But now ... It's just a wreck. I simply don't understand not trying a new direction for the football program. It baffles my mind.
    Man, it is beyond understanding! Especially when they made the big bump up to near fully funded status & that with being able to readily recruit Ohio/Pa areas.

Wow, what Monte would have been able to put on the field with that extra 10-15 rides for the last eight or so years!

Good to hear from you RT & hope you are doing OK.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    -3 total yards rushing. Looking at the box score the defense actually played well. Offense is putrid.
    It's been pretty consistently putrid for about a decade, so I guess there's that?

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Geez man! I remember going back and forth with some of you WLU guys over the years, but this is sad. I remember the Amedro years and when WLU made a scholarship commitment to football. Even when the decline started, WLU was still competitive. But now ... It's just a wreck. I simply don't understand not trying a new direction for the football program. It baffles my mind.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    REALLY am sorry for you WLU fans. It would be nice to win all the time, but at least be competitive in most of your game. And to hear the HC saying that he will not leave until he is ready remains to baffle me. This means he knows he will not be fired.
    So if Wheeling is the SHU of the MEC, can we say WLU is the MILLERSVILLE or LHU ???

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    REALLY am sorry for you WLU fans. It would be nice to win all the time, but at least be competitive in most of your game. And to hear the HC saying that he will not leave until he is ready remains to baffle me. This means he knows he will not be fired.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
    So Sad. Maybe the AD should be fired for not firing Wally.
    AD is a basketball only guy. Former women's basketball coach who is more than happy to have women's basketball being the #2 sport on campus!

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied
    So Sad. Maybe the AD should be fired for not firing Wally.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They should broadcast a live feed of basketball pick-up games rather than the football game.
    He11...A "live feed" of the clock tower would be more entertaining!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Wheeling just somehow lost to Seton Hill.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    The only hope is that the new president saw this game and finds it completely unaceptable and fires our HC immediately.

That was the poorest execibition of football I've EVER seen by the Hilltoppers...And there have been A LOT of piss poor performances over the last 10 years so that is saying something!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    This is the definition of insanity. I will continue to not watch WL football until he is gone.
    They should broadcast a live feed of basketball pick-up games rather than the football game.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X