Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably best effort of the year.

But 0-11 is 0-11. There were 3 winnable games this year that we failed to find a way to win.

Comment

I have heard from multiple sources in/around the school that they are shutting down in the near future due to enrollment numbers. Anyone else hearing these rumors?

Comment

Originally posted by MECFAN1421 View Post
        I have heard from multiple sources in/around the school that they are shutting down in the near future due to enrollment numbers. Anyone else hearing these rumors?
        Shutting down what, AB in its entirety or the football program? I just did an internet search and couldn't find anything.

Comment

MECFAN1421 Got any links you can share? I live in California, so I'm not in tune with the local rumors at AB.
          Last edited by crixus; 12-17-2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
            MECFAN1421 Got any links you can share? I live in California, so I'm not in tune with the local rumors at AB.
            Entire school, nothing has been officially released yet but allegedly the president has sent out some emails over the past couple weeks to employees about the possibility of the school folding due to enrollment numbers.

Comment

I thought their enrollment was around 750 which is higher than normally. I think several years ago they were down to three or four hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by MECFAN1421 View Post

Entire school, nothing has been officially released yet but allegedly the president has sent out some emails over the past couple weeks to employees about the possibility of the school folding due to enrollment numbers.
                I hope it doesn't happen, AB is my Mom's alma mater. I'd hate for a university that old to close shop. It's affiliated with the American Baptist Churches USA denomination, so hopefully they can help.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                  I thought their enrollment was around 750 which is higher than normally. I think several years ago they were down to three or four hundred.
                  According to Wikipedia, they currently have 766 undergraduates at Alderson Broaddus University and a total of 863 students. But Wikipedia isn't always up to date. The MEC website says they have an enrollment of 915, but it's not broken down to how many undergraduate and graduate students there.
                  Last edited by crixus; 12-17-2022, 04:33 PM.

Comment

It's March 27th, still waiting for Alderson Broaddus to release their 2023 football schedule. I'm a glutton for punishment...

Comment

FWIW, Findlay hired Codey Cole as Defensive Line Coach. He spent last year at AB.

Comment

It's March 27th, still waiting for Alderson Broaddus to release their 2023 football schedule. I'm a glutton for punishment...
                        Heck, it's been over three months since the post of the rumor that AB was going to close so I guess THAT didn't happen! Guess it's safe to wonder about the coming football season!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Heck, it's been over three months since the post of the rumor that AB was going to close so I guess THAT didn't happen! Guess it's safe to wonder about the coming football season!
                          As far as 2023 goes, I don't know who the OOC opponent is, but I'll be surprised if the Battlers win one MEC game. Two would be an actual miracle from above.
                          Last edited by crixus; 03-27-2023, 06:08 PM.

Comment

AB is hosting California (PA) in the opener.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              AB is hosting California (PA) in the opener.
                              Thanks for that info. Going by last seasons 6-5 record, the Vulcans will probably beat the Battlers. That's an easy prediction. I'm not bagging on AB, just being honest. Battlers football is obviously hurting.
                              Last edited by crixus; 03-28-2023, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that info. Going by last seasons 6-5 record, the Vulcans will probably beat the Battlers. That's an easy prediction. I'm not bagging on AB, just being honest. Battlers football is obviously hurting.
                                Cal was really good early last year (nearly beating IUP and Shepherd). After losing their third really tight game (and seeing their playoff hopes vanish), it seemed like they threw in the towel down the stretch. They will be a very tough game in the opener, but will be breaking in a new QB.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X