5. Fairmont State

6. West Virginia State

7. Concord

8. Wheeling

9. Glenville State

10. West Liberty

11. Alderson Broaddus

12. West Virginia Wesleyan
    Last edited by Eagle74; 08-05-2022, 05:03 PM.

What's the MBG poll? Can't find it in a search.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCfan View Post
      What's the MBG poll? Can't find it in a search.
      The M.B.G. Poll was established (initially with the SAC) years ago as an annual preseason anticipated barometer as to where teams (based on a combination of available data, returning players, recruiting / transfers, etc) stand prior to starting the season. Based on the percentage of accuracy (which has been fairly high during certain seasons) it appears to have influenced coaches preseason polls in the pass, along with fans perception at to what type of season their team may have. So carefully analyze the individual rankings, which could actually change up to the last week before kickoff of the initial game begins, and see if this evaluation matches my best guess, not only now, but throughout the 2022 season.

On a side note, your Notre Dame College team appears to be in great shape (in many categories) going into this football season.

Best of luck to all MEC teams!

Comment

My Best Guess - very nice. I like your guess!

Comment

Comment

What's with the bear logo inserted on the roster for players without photos yet? Is a bear associated in the Hilltopper nickname kind of like an elephant is for the Alabama Crimson Tide?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

What's with the bear logo inserted on the roster for players without photos yet? Is a bear associated in the Hilltopper nickname kind of like an elephant is for the Alabama Crimson Tide?

Comment

MEC polls, WL is ranked 10 out of 12 teams. So sad! Probably more fully funded schollies than any other school.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                  MEC polls, WL is ranked 10 out of 12 teams. So sad! Probably more fully funded schollies than any other school.
                  At one point you all were fully funded. Do you know what the current scholarship situation is?

Comment

We need Boat to come aboard and give an update on schollies. He probably would know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                      We need Boat to come aboard and give an update on schollies. He probably would know.
                      I think per the reports that occasionally surface that WL is nearly fully-funded in football.

The other two programs in the region that can also claim to be fully funded are Gannon and Mercyhurst. Ironically, none of the three are any good in football and routinely get blasted by teams with half their scholarship money.

Comment

With being fully funded that's why it sucks to be a WL fan and put up with this crap year after year.

Comment

Still continuing my football boycott I think this will be year 3. Really sucks because I would love to go to some games.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                            MEC 2022 Preseason MBG Poll

11. Anderson Broaddus
                            Alderson

Comment

Noted and corrected (to big of a hurry).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X