Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings

The first Regional "Rankings" are out. The NCAA in their never ending quest for transparency and fairness has decided NOT to actually rank the teams instead opting to stack the teams alphabetically. Also eliminated this year is access to the NCAA Score Sheets that lists the selection factors for each team in the Region.

The NCAA should just eliminate the ridiculous façade of fairness and impartiality and just admit what we all know to be true. They are going to pick the teams that they want without regard for what any empirical evidence tells them.

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Also eliminated this year is access to the NCAA Score Sheets that lists the selection factors for each team in the Region.
    Not sure what you're referring to... the statistical PDFs are linked at the bottom of the rankings page as they have been in previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Not sure what you're referring to... the statistical PDFs are linked at the bottom of the rankings page as they have been in previous years.
      Oh come on, boat capt needs conspiracy.

Comment

The link at the bottom of the ranking page shows the final sheet from November 14, 2021. That's the final public sheets from last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Oh come on, boat capt needs conspiracy.
          Hahahaha! If the NCAA is completely above board and the rankings are 100% fair with each team being evaluated against the same standards, why continue to ratchet up the secrecy?

Comment

The link at the bottom of the ranking page shows the final sheet from November 14, 2021. That's the final public sheets from last season.
            Huh. I know I looked at an updated sheet for one of the regions yesterday. Not sure what happened.

Comment

Huh. I know I looked at an updated sheet for one of the regions yesterday. Not sure what happened.
              When I first looked at the sheets, I just assumed it was current...until i noticed it showed 11 games for most teams. It's been a day and they still haven't put up to the correct sheets. Seems like the NCAA would have their stuff together...That is if they are truly interested in transparency!
              Last edited by boatcapt; 10-25-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

When I first looked at the sheets, I just assumed it was current...until i noticed it showed 11 games for most teams. It's been a day and they still haven't put up to the correct sheets. Seems like the NCAA would have their stuff together...That is if they are truly interested in transparency!
                I didn't see them, but enough people talked about the sheets that I have to believe they were once up and current.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I didn't see them, but enough people talked about the sheets that I have to believe they were once up and current.
                  Well in some ways, that would be even worse from a transparency standpoint. IF they just forgot to post the sheets, they are just incompetent...If they posted them and then made a choice to take them down, that would be a willful act to prevent people from seeing them.

I value your opinion on most things DII...What is your opinion on what the NCAA is doing when it comes to treating all programs fairly and equally and being transparent in their processes? Seems like almost every move they make is designed to provide less and less information to the public.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X