Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good year in 2009, anything more than 2 losses is a bad year..

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

6 years? You just counting a winning season as a run? I'm assuming this is the year range.

2005- 6-5
      2006- 7-4
      2007- 8-3
      2008- 7-4
      2009- 11-2
      2010- 7-3
      2011 was the start of the real run, and still running today. 52-86 record for ol' Roger post Amedro.
      Two runs...46-21 (.687) his first five years...52-86 (.377) and counting since then.

I repeat my often posed question, why is he STILL our HC??????? Maybe you give him 3 MAYBE 4 years grace after the first 5 years, but it's been clear for a long time that he doesn't deserve to be a HC!

Comment

He has pictures…

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Two runs...46-21 (.687) his first five years...52-86 (.377) and counting since then.

I repeat my often posed question, why is he STILL our HC??????? Maybe you give him 3 MAYBE 4 years grace after the first 5 years, but it's been clear for a long time that he doesn't deserve to be a HC!
          Can't argue that. And if the long rumored scholarship situation is true and you are fully funded for 36, it's an embarrassment that he's still there. Wasted resources.

Comment

I attended my first WLU football game since 2012 Saturday at Frostburg...A 37-7 shellacking that was not as "close" as the score indicated. Let me start by saying that Frostburg's facilities are the best I've seen in SR1 (with the caveat that I haven't been to every SR1 facility). The game was much like I expected, WLU was overmatched from the opening whistle...Offense was totally ineffective in the first half...QB Garcia was under constant pressure...many dropped passes...zippy running game. Defense was what I came to expect before my self imposed exile...NUMEROUS chunk plays with receivers running wide open and RB's running untouched from 20+ yards into the end zone.

Interesting nugget...The last game I attended (a WLU 17-16 win over Shepherd) featured a fine QB performance from Dylan Lagarde...Saturdays game also had a Lagarde slinging the ball around in the form of his nephew, true freshman Trevor Lagarde. It was Trevor's first college game experience and he played well (all be it late in a blow-out). He has a live arm and is pretty nimble on his feet...much like his uncle! Not saying he should replace Garcia (who was obviously dealing with a bad ankle) but this is Garcia's last season. It would be nice to get our back-up QB's some game experience before the first game next season.

Comment

We really just needed last second heroics to beat Concord. Good lord man

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                We really just needed last second heroics to beat Concord. Good lord man
                Defense. WOW! Again...They give up two BIG plays (69 yard TD pass and a 33 yard run) to almost snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm not going to go over the top and say the offense is anything but middle of the pack but WLU is probably capapble of being a five MAYBE six win team with even average defensive play. Offense played well enough to beat Walsh and perhaps UNCP.

Sadly, we have one more MAYBE game in two weeks vs Wesleyan. To paraphrase "The Ball Coach" - Two and eight...Not very good.

Comment

A 14-0 lead over Glenville?! What could possibly go wrong

Comment

Did Glenville only bring their cheerleaders? What in the world is happening

Comment

And they still nearly blew a 41-10 lead lol

Comment

And they still nearly blew a 41-10 lead lol
                        48-40...Almost 1000 yards in total yards...WLU scoring 41 points in the first half...RBs capable of running and a QB who can actually throw the ball...and a defense that insures 48 points is BARELY enough to win...Yep, like old times on the Hilltop!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

48-40...Almost 1000 yards in total yards...WLU scoring 41 points in the first half...RBs capable of running and a QB who can actually throw the ball...and a defense that insures 48 points is BARELY enough to win...Yep, like old times on the Hilltop!
                          Seriously congrats on 2 wins in a rowđź‘Ť

Comment

Don’t let Roger get hot!

Comment

Should be on a three win streak after next game

Comment

Should be on a three win streak after next game
                                I have every confidence that we are more than capable of losing 10-7.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X