X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC OOC Record 2023

Week one:

MEC went 7-2 (.777) vs DII opponents (7-4 overall) out of conference:

MEC finished the week 4-0 vs fellow SR1 schools. With only one additional OOC game left in the season, the worst the MEC can finish is 4-1 vs SR1

In Conference v Conference play, MEC went:

3-0 vs PSAC opponents
    1-0 vs NE10 opponents
    2-1 vs GMAC opponents
    1-1 vs CIAA opponents

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Week one:

MEC went 7-2 (.777) vs DII opponents (7-4 overall) out of conference:

MEC finished the week 4-0 vs fellow SR1 schools. With only one additional OOC game left in the season, the worst the MEC can finish is 4-1 vs SR1

In Conference v Conference play, MEC went:

3-0 vs PSAC opponents
    1-0 vs NE10 opponents
    2-1 vs GMAC opponents
    1-1 vs CIAA opponents
    Great start for the Conference!

Comment

With Fairmont's 59-14 shellacking of Post today, the MEC put a nice bow on it's 2023 OOC schedule. MEC went 8-2 (.800) against DII opponents and 5-0 against fellow SR-1 brethren.

Comment

With Fairmont's 59-14 shellacking of Post today, the MEC put a nice bow on it's 2023 OOC schedule. MEC went 8-2 (.800) against DII opponents and 5-0 against fellow SR-1 brethren.
        It's actually 7-1 vs. SR-1 opponents (3-0 vs. PSAC, 1-0 vs. NE-10, 2-1 vs. GMAC and the win against Post, which is in SR-1 as an independent).
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

It's actually 7-1 vs. SR-1 opponents (3-0 vs. PSAC, 1-0 vs. NE-10, 2-1 vs. GMAC and the win against Post, which is in SR-1 as an independent).
          The MEC ran rough shot over the rest of the SR1 conferences this year. What did the other SR1 conferences do against each other?

Comment

The MEC ran rough shot over the rest of the SR1 conferences this year. What did the other SR1 conferences do against each other?
            I don’t think you have the luxury of comparing conferences, you should focus on your squad on how they fair with their win/lose record. Your cart is always in front of your lame horse..

Comment

Originally posted by RamPride View Post

I don’t think you have the luxury of comparing conferences, you should focus on your squad on how they fair with their win/lose record. Your cart is always in front of your lame horse..
              Just stating facts. Now back to the PSAC forum with you!

Comment

Why you so mad? He pointed out a fact, and frankly it is going to matter and should come playoff time. The big thing the MEC is going to need is separation at the top. Between Fairmont, Charleston, WV State, and Frostburg (possibly ND if they run the slate) 2 or 3 of them need to separate for the league to be even considered for multiple bids.

Best case scenario is still probably only 2 teams. ND is getting WV State and Charleston the next 2 weeks, so that will settle itself out. What the league can't afford if they want multiple playoff teams, is the teams to just beat each other resulting in everyone with 2-3 losses.

It's halfway and a lot of football to be played, but I think this is the healthiest from a competitive standpoint that the MEC/WVIAC has looked in quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Why you so mad? He pointed out a fact, and frankly it is going to matter and should come playoff time. The big thing the MEC is going to need is separation at the top. Between Fairmont, Charleston, WV State, and Frostburg (possibly ND if they run the slate) 2 or 3 of them need to separate for the league to be even considered for multiple bids.

Best case scenario is still probably only 2 teams. ND is getting WV State and Charleston the next 2 weeks, so that will settle itself out. What the league can't afford if they want multiple playoff teams, is the teams to just beat each other resulting in everyone with 2-3 losses.

It's halfway and a lot of football to be played, but I think this is the healthiest from a competitive standpoint that the MEC/WVIAC has looked in quite some time.
                  Not mad, just wondering why he doesn’t post OOC every records every year comparing MEC,now back to the PSAC board, lol..

Comment

Not mad, just wondering why he doesn’t post OOC every records every year comparing MEC,now back to the PSAC board, lol..
                    I haven’t done the research but I do think the MEC has fared well in OOC in recent history especially against the PSAC. Granted they haven’t typically been playing any of the contenders except maybe Cal, but they have had some success beating our mid to bottom tier teams in the PSAC.

and then the back room secret where Reid told everyone to not schedule Shepherd in football as well. I know Shepherd would be open to scheduling one of the old foes, need 2 to tango though.
                    Last edited by Ram040506; 10-04-2023, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I have done that in the distant past (comparing WVIAC and then MEC head to head). The pompas PSAC posters used to give the impression that they were CLEARLY deserving of at least 3 playoff slots and quite often 4. It was a way of pointing out that their **** wasn't quite as rose scented as they made it out to be.

I haven't done a OOC comparison in a few years but clearly some of the Shep faithful have been missing it! Guess I'll jst have to give my fans what they want!!!

Comment

I have done that in the distant past (comparing WVIAC and then MEC head to head). The pompas PSAC posters used to give the impression that they were CLEARLY deserving of at least 3 playoff slots and quite often 4. It was a way of pointing out that their **** wasn't quite as rose scented as they made it out to be.

I haven't done a OOC comparison in a few years but clearly some of the Shep faithful have been missing it! Guess I'll jst have to give my fans what they want!!!
                        The MEC at this point should never have more than 1 playoff team. Doesn’t require any explanation…

Comment

https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2324/mfb/index.html is a neat site to see opponents records/ etc

Non conference wins only look good in football if that team can get to 7 wins to help strength of schedule…

can’t play 1 or 2 under 500 and then play a league Schulz where you have 4 more under 500

psac having 16 football teams and 1 non conference has a distinct advantage to getting multiple teams in yearly

that 1 non conference game comparison between psac and Mec…

NE10 and GMAC play 2 games non conference I think

a winnjng non conference schedule is great for a league, but the number of wins those opponents get during the year mean more when ranking leaguea

Comment

The MEC at this point should never have more than 1 playoff team. Doesn’t require any explanation…
                            There's that Shepherdstown and PSAC arrogance I've come to enjoy!

Sooo...A loss eight years ago is forever disqualifying for a conference? Sounds about right for a PSACer. That's on par with the people on the other boards who say that the SR1 as a whole should only get one and MAYBE two teams in the playoffs.

Comment

There's that Shepherdstown and PSAC arrogance I've come to enjoy!

Sooo...A loss eight years ago is forever disqualifying for a conference? Sounds about right for a PSACer. That's on par with the people on the other boards who say that the SR1 as a whole should only get one and MAYBE two teams in the playoffs.
                              Shepherdstown arrogance, wouldn’t say arrogant, I would say a very prideful little university that’s not fully funded that has put together a great football program in an area with a ton of D2 programs..success of any kind always speaks for itself..now back to the best conference by far in SR1…. ⚓️

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X