Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIU Post and a playoff bid?

Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
    Just wonder what would happen if Post beats Assumption, Assumption beats New Haven and New Haven beats Post?
    Pure chaos!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chargers Nation View Post
        They too have a loosing records at 3-4. In fact, Post's opponents have a combine records of 8-27. Wow, impressive eh? Again, we'll talk in 4 weeks.

True, but everyone Post plays so far is bad. When they beat teams with a winning records then we'll talk and the same goes with New Haven and Assumption. The only team has a winning records that Assumption played thus far was Kutztown and they lost.
        I didn't say their Strength of schedule was impressive, but Ship is a better team then anybody New Haven has beaten yet. If you go back to my first comment I said that was the problem that the schedule hasn't been great and that these next 4 weeks are huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
          Pure chaos!!!!!
          Very true. Arguments can be made for and against all three of them. It's not like 2006 when it was hard to exclude Bryant, Merrimack and Southern Connecticut, so they all made the playoffs. But the criteria was different back then. By the way, Bryant lost in the first round at home to West Chester and Shepherd defeated Merrimack in the second round.

New Haven has the biggest challenge this season since their OOC game was FCS Bryant as opposed to Assumption and LIU Post both playing D2 in-region opponents. And LIU Post won their game. The Pioneers are surely backing Shippensburg this Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
            Very true. Arguments can be made for and against all three of them. It's not like 2006 when it was hard to exclude Bryant, Merrimack and Southern Connecticut, so they all made the playoffs. But the criteria was different back then. By the way, Bryant lost in the first round at home to West Chester and Shepherd defeated Merrimack in the second round.

New Haven has the biggest challenge this season since their OOC game was FCS Bryant as opposed to Assumption and LIU Post both playing D2 in-region opponents. And LIU Post won their game. The Pioneers are surely backing Shippensburg this Saturday!
            I will give Post has the advantage over both New Haven and Assumption at this point with the victory over a D2 OOC opponent. With that aside, when it's time to choose teams for the post season, I don't know if they will pick a team that lost to a FCS team, which do not count, or a team that lost to a D2, which do count?

Comment

My appologeez Marion Webster.
              It was not a bad call.

Comment

I will give Post has the advantage over both New Haven and Assumption at this point with the victory over a D2 OOC opponent. With that aside, when it's time to choose teams for the post season, I don't know if they will pick a team that lost to a FCS team, which do not count, or a team that lost to a D2, which do count?
                Looking at all of TrueBlue10's assumptions, Post would be 9-1, New Haven 8-1 and Assumption at 8-2 in D2. As previously stated, arguments could be made for each of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
                  I didn't say their Strength of schedule was impressive, but Ship is a better team then anybody New Haven has beaten yet. If you go back to my first comment I said that was the problem that the schedule hasn't been great and that these next 4 weeks are huge.
                  I don't think anyone said anything about New Haven is better than anyone here and do we agree on that? As a matter of fact, he said New Haven has beaten nobody so far. Now back to your comment about Ship is a better team that Post won and they are currently at 3-4 , I think New Haven won a game against Southern Connecticut who is now at 3-3 is a fair comparison would you think?

Comment

Thats why I believe Post would be the only team safe to make the playoffs if they don't win out. For New Haven and Assumption to make they playoffs they would have to go undefeated in NE10 In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
                      I don't think anyone said anything about New Haven is better than anyone here and do we agree on that? As a matter of fact, he said New Haven has beaten nobody so far. Now back to your comment about Ship is a better team that Post won and they are currently at 3-4 , I think New Haven won a game against Southern Connecticut who is now at 3-3 is a fair comparison would you think?
                      No I dont think I would compare SoCo to Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by LIU21 View Post
                        I see post having a clean sweep of the ne10. The toughest task believe it or not mah be southern conn on the road.
                        Trust me, the last thing you want to do is overlook your opponents.
                        Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 10-16-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Ok, fair enough.

Comment

Post would be the only team safe to make the playoffs if they don't win out.
                            Huh? enlighten me please.

Comment

Agreed. Ship's opponents are a combined 31-16. SoCo's are a combined 15-21.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
                                Huh? enlighten me please.
                                Well we will see what happens with other teams, but i think that a 2 loss assumption wont get in over 2 loss Psac team and New haven will have no OCC that counts. Same thing that happened to Post last year their OCC win was out of the region so it didn't count on the region ranking. Which seemed to be why a 3 loss team got in over a 2 loss Post team

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X