Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIU Post and a playoff bid?

Originally posted by Champ View Post
    I'm not sure, we wore the Russell jerseys for my first two years I played, once Post made the switch to Adidas they sold the old Jerseys to the alumni, parents and fans. So it could be anyone really. If you go on the football website you can actually go back by year and look at the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
      Looking at all of TrueBlue10's assumptions, Post would be 9-1, New Haven 8-1 and Assumption at 8-2 in D2. As previously stated, arguments could be made for each of them.
      NO Way that league gets 3 teams in, No Way....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
        Yea no way, but I think that there is a good possibility that the league gets 2 in. If there is an undefeated team and a 1 loss team. That would happen if Post beats both Assumption and Southern then both Post and New haven should get in.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
          Which is why I said "arguments could be made for each of them" not "arguments could be made for all of them"....just sayin.

Comment

Yea no way, but I think that there is a good possibility that the league gets 2 in. If there is an undefeated team and a 1 loss team. That would happen if Post beats both Assumption and Southern then both Post and New haven should get in.
            I think New haven will have to win out or they will fell the effect of playing so few DII games. They will fall below every one loss team that played 10 or 11 DII games and would be in SOS "striking distance" of every SR1 team with 9-2 records.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
              I think New haven will have to win out or they will fell the effect of playing so few DII games. They will fall below every one loss team that played 10 or 11 DII games and would be in SOS "striking distance" of every SR1 team with 9-2 records.
              Agreed. New Haven has the strongest SOS among the undefeated teams right now, but that will drop over the next two weeks with Stonehill and St Anselm on deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                Agreed. New Haven has the strongest SOS among the undefeated teams right now, but that will drop over the next two weeks with Stonehill and St Anselm on deck.
                Then LIU Post last game of the season though

Comment

That one should be a barn-burner. But Post can't afford to look ahead to the New Haven game. First they have to get past both Assumption and SoConn on the road. Assumption will be giving it all they have to reclaim a share of first place, and SoConn is always a tough opponent, no matter what their record is.

Comment

Comment

I think when it's all said and done it'll be 2 NE-10 teams in the playoffs, 2 PSAC teams, 2 GMAC and 1 MEC team. This is probably the most balanced the region has been in a very long time. Would be great to see LIU Post in the region and D2 title before moving up to the FCS and the NEC next year.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                        I think when it's all said and done it'll be 2 NE-10 teams in the playoffs, 2 PSAC teams, 2 GMAC and 1 MEC team. This is probably the most balanced the region has been in a very long time. Would be great to see LIU Post in the region and D2 title before moving up to the FCS and the NEC next year.
                        I agree, and would love to see that also. I think Post has a great team this year and has the potential to get there. A big thing now is overcoming some major injuries.

Comment

NE10 may be seen as the poor sister of SR1 and maybe the whole of NCAA DII.
                          To be honest, I have only a brief history with the league. I have seen NE10 teams battle with the PSAC, the MEC, the GMAC, and to a lesser extent the NEC, and held their own and won games.
                          It can happen. It will happen. This isn't as big as that.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
                            NE10 may be seen as the poor sister of SR1 and maybe the whole of NCAA DII.
                            To be honest, I have only a brief history with the league. I have seen NE10 teams battle with the PSAC, the MEC, the GMAC, and to a lesser extent the NEC, and held their own and won games.
                            It can happen. It will happen. This isn't as big as that.
                            The NE10's decision to provide scholarships has been a major factor in the conference's improvement. But IMO, the decision to drop Championship weekend has been a setback to the NE10's forward progress.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
                              The NE10's decision to provide scholarships has been a major factor in the conference's improvement. But IMO, the decision to drop Championship weekend has been a setback to the NE10's forward progress.
                              Can someone please remind me what was the main reason why they drop the championship weekend for the top teams in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargers Nation View Post
                                Can someone please remind me what was the main reason why they drop the championship weekend for the top teams in the conference.
                                I believe the reason was that the majority of schools in the NE10 didn't want to pay to host or travel to a final game if it was simply an extra game and not for the championship. I think it was posted a while back that only 3 of the football schools voted to keep the game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X