Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    I'm off to bed...Bentley is going to win and they earned it. New Haven's QB problems might continue all season and possibly cost them the season.
    How does the saying go, if you have 2 QBs you don't have one. Not sure I've ever seen a 2 QB system work.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

How does the saying go, if you have 2 QBs you don't have one. Not sure I've ever seen a 2 QB system work.
      I didn't get the impression that the 2 QB system last night was as much out of design as it was desperation. Robins was holding the ball for a long time - maybe the pick-6 on his first pass and the stuff Bentley was doing on defense got him thinking too much? Maybe the receivers weren't getting open (or weren't seen)? The running game was great early, but Bentley adjusted and New Haven couldn't keep it going. Of course, I could be wrong too, I'm no coach.

It's been a while since New Haven has had this level of inconsistency (and inexperience) at QB. New Haven did run two QB's out there in I think 2011 and 2012 but there was no doubt Ryan Osiecki was the starter back then. Patterson made his share of mistakes his first year but you could still tell that he was going to be good. I hope somebody will eventually be good enough, but it's a tough offense to watch right now if the running game isn't working.

Comment

AC 27-0. 5:00 1st Qtr

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
          AC 27-0. 5:00 1st Qtr
          41-0 now...might need a running clock for this one.

Comment

In the second, 20-9 Pace and 6-6 AIC and SCSU

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
              In the second, 20-9 Pace and 6-6 AIC and SCSU
              The stream has the Pace score as 14-7.

EDIT: The live scoring now agrees.
              Last edited by Inkblot; 09-28-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

The stream has the Pace score as 14-7.
                Thanks, I must have caught it when there was something wrong. The score is 14-7.

Comment

Halftime in Springfield. Tied up 6 - 6

Comment

In the third...

Assumption up 53-0
                    Pace up 28-7
                    AIC up 19-6

Comment

Finals:

Assumption 53-6 over Franklin Pierce
                      Pace 42-21 over St. Anselm
                      AIC holds off SCSU 19-13. Yellow Jackets win with a goal line stand at the end of the game.

Next games are next week.

Comment

Jackson Ostrowsky(Mount Pleasant, Mich.) made his collegiate debut, finishing the day 27-of-48 for 282 yards and two touchdown passes. He had 2 picks but he is a freshmen and very promising!

Comment

First pick was not his fault

Comment

Good win for the Jackets today. Last year wins like this was near impossible. SC played hard. That freshman QB looks good.

Comment

Just saw the replay....my Owls got robbed. That was a TD pass that was called down at the half yard line. Wow.

Comment

The NE10 should have come up with a better plan to intergrate a new program into the league.

I know with the departure of two teams, the schedule would have been a real mess, but after today, throwing FP into the fire seems to me a bad idea.

Maybe a year of DIII would have given them a chance to build up their roster and be in a better position to survive.

There should not be a single Redshirt kid left on any team in the NE10 after this season. That might give them a chance to make it to the end. That end is versus Merrimack? Both Ironic and rediculous.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X