Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 schedules

Any schedule announcements yet? All I have are some non conference games from other threads:

New Haven at Slippery Rock, week 1
    AIC hosts Shippensburg, 9/7
    AIC hosts Ferris State, 9/28
    Assumption hosts Kutztown, 9/5
    SCSU hosts Shepherd, 9/5

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    Any schedule announcements yet? All I have are some non conference games from other threads:

New Haven at Slippery Rock, week 1
    AIC hosts Shippensburg, 9/7
    AIC hosts Ferris State, 9/28
    Assumption hosts Kutztown, 9/5
    SCSU hosts Shepherd, 9/5
    We probably won't see too many schedules released until later in the spring, as seems to be the practice among the NE-10 schools.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Assumption and St Anselm has released their schedules.

Comment

Post at Lake Erie week 2.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jayhawk Fan View Post
          Assumption and St Anselm has released their schedules.
          Just checked this out... Assumption is playing both Franklin Pierce and Post twice next season, but they aren't playing Pace at all? Is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Just checked this out... Assumption is playing both Franklin Pierce and Post twice next season, but they aren't playing Pace at all? Is this normal?
            When I entered that schedule in my spreadsheet, it apparently said @ Pace on 11/9... not sure what happened.

Comment

One of those Post games has to be a mistake and actually be against Pace, right? It isn’t like the NE10 has 20 teams in it, everybody has to play everybody else. Pace isn’t shutting down or anything either, they have their Spring game on 4/27.

Comment

New Haven has posted its 2024 schedule:

https://newhavenchargers.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

Of course AIC don’t have their schedule up yet. I like those OOC games.

Comment

Still waiting on a few more NE-10 schedules, but while we wait... How come there aren't more NE-10 schools playing D3 opponents? 6 schools are playing NE-10 opponents a second time as one of their non-conference games, and as far as I can tell most NE-10 schools only play 10 games a year instead of the usual 11.

I get that New England is a bit of a dead zone for D2 football, which makes it hard to schedule OOC games, but you can't throw a rock in the US Northeast without hitting a D3 athletic program. Most years NE-10 teams aren't in contention for a playoff bid outside of winning the conference anyways, so taking the hit in playoff rankings wouldn't really matter anyways. Scheduling some D3 teams would help get another game on the schedule, or maybe at least avoid playing the same opponent twice in a season. Is it the D3 schools that are uninterested, or are the NE-10 schools worried about saving face by not losing to a lesser opponent?

Comment

Still waiting on a few more NE-10 schedules, but while we wait... How come there aren't more NE-10 schools playing D3 opponents? 6 schools are playing NE-10 opponents a second time as one of their non-conference games, and as far as I can tell most NE-10 schools only play 10 games a year instead of the usual 11.

I get that New England is a bit of a dead zone for D2 football, which makes it hard to schedule OOC games, but you can't throw a rock in the US Northeast without hitting a D3 athletic program. Most years NE-10 teams aren't in contention for a playoff bid outside of winning the conference anyways, so taking the hit in playoff rankings wouldn't really matter anyways. Scheduling some D3 teams would help get another game on the schedule, or maybe at least avoid playing the same opponent twice in a season. Is it the D3 schools that are uninterested, or are the NE-10 schools worried about saving face by not losing to a lesser opponent?
                      So let me ask you this, will it help the conference by playing more D3? Will it better for NE10 teams to be more competitive and become better contenders in the playoff by playing D3 teams?

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

So let me ask you this, will it help the conference by playing more D3? Will it better for NE10 teams to be more competitive and become better contenders in the playoff by playing D3 teams?
                        I understand your point that playing lower level teams will not help them to make it into the playoffs. However, if your team only has 10 games scheduled and your aim is to contend in the playoffs, would you rather play an 11th game against a non-countable opponent or not play at all?

In any case, only 3 teams finished with a record above .500 last season. I admit a team like New Haven probably wouldn't benefit from playing anyone D3, but a lot of the other teams that don't have that high of a ceiling would probably appreciate getting an easy win on their schedule, I imagine
                        Last edited by Finchwidget; 05-23-2024, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I understand your point that playing lower level teams will not help them to make it into the playoffs. However, if your team only has 10 games scheduled and your aim is to contend in the playoffs, would you rather play an 11th game against a non-countable opponent or not play at all?

In any case, only 3 teams finished with a record above .500 last season. I admit a team like New Haven probably wouldn't benefit from playing anyone D3, but a lot of the other teams that don't have that high of a ceiling would probably appreciate getting an easy win on their schedule, I imagine
                          Honestly, New Haven played Lincoln California last year…I’d rather they played a D3. Would be better competition. They used to play Springfield College every year when they were D2 until they went down in the early 90s.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X