Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Slippery Rock at Shippensburg

Bad Rock performance, bad Ship performance. REALLY bad officials performance.

The two teams are better than that. The stripes, I can't say.

Comment

• Originally posted by shiplb54 View Post
      You counted your hens before they were chicken eggs.

Comment

• Big day for the East today, knocking off two traditional West contenders. West Chester, Kutztown, and Ship make up a really tough top of the division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hawk, let's just say that when Shawn Lutz gets back home, he should pull out some chalk and write 100 times on a blackboard, "The victory formation does NOT utilize a shotgun snap."

Back home after a bellyful of the finest pizza from the Pizza House in Shippensburg, these thoughts:

1. I would have hated to see what would have happened had Wes Hills not gotten hurt on the first series. I sure hope the young man is OK.

2. Ship's front seven is fabulous. In the backfield all day.

3. Ship's back four is a hot mess. They could not have been outplayed much more than they were in the second half. Frighteningly bad. For god's sake, backup QB Taylor King threw for 335 yards in a half.

3a. I'll give the Rock wideouts full credit for outfighting DBs on 50-50 balls throughout the game. They wanted it more.

4. Not a great day for kickers. Chapla, we know is better than three FG misses. As for Ship, I think we'll see Switzerland's favorite footballer, Jeremias Medici, handling the field-goal duties from here.

5. I doubt Eubanks will be underutilized any more than that in any upcoming game. However, I think it's clear that Josh Gontarek is a quality wideout, too.

6. I don't know why Mac wrote off the running game. I still think they have three solid backs.
          Last edited by jrshooter; 09-08-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

SRU pissed away this game by snapping the ball in the shot gun into the end zone thereby causing a chance for a disastrous fumble. And, YES,it happened. Simply stupid!

Comment

Word is Rock QB may be done for season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Word is Rock QB may be done for season.
                Too bad for Koester, but I don't know if there's much of a downgrade. 335 passing yards in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  What the heck was the Rock thinking on that one???? Fumble recovery in the end zone. All that's left is Rock to score on the kick off.

Comment

I'd sure have those thoughts tonight if I were in your shoes.

Comment

• Comment

You're probably more magnanimous than I'd be after that. The Rock's fans have always been a class act.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                            You're probably more magnanimous than I'd be after that. The Rock's fans have always been a class act.
                            Feeling is mutual. We went 1-2 vs Ship in my three years on the Rock football team, but I always respected SU and its football program.

Comment

Went back to the SUTV feed to see the play, because I wasn't really watching close when it happened.

No excuse. Snap pretty much bonked off Hill's chest. But damn, Richard Nase was firing off the left corner for the recovery. That front four sure is quick for Ship.

It's right around 3:17.

http://supmediasite.passhe.edu/Media...6478ea61787d21

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                                Went back to the SUTV feed to see the play, because I wasn't really watching close when it happened.

No excuse. Snap pretty much bonked off Hill's chest. But damn, Richard Nase was firing off the left corner for the recovery. That front four sure is quick for Ship.

It's right around 3:17.

http://supmediasite.passhe.edu/Media...6478ea61787d21
                                Well props to them for not quitting and playing hard to the end. But I wish they had given up after that INT haha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X