Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edinboro at Slippery Rock (homecoming)

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Football is a strange game. It's hard to explain why the same team can look so vastly different from one week to the next.

Edinboro is a better team than Mercyhurst. Better talent. More talent. Yet, last week Mercyhurst smoked them.

I really think the Boro was just emotionally out of it after the Cal and Gannon games back-to-back. Teams can't get up three in a row.

You saw that last week with IUP. They looked like they didn't even want to be in the stadium for those first two quarters. Tort called it the Cal Hangover.

This is a fickle age group. Lutz' biggest challenge this week was likely keeping his players' heads from getting too big.
    A lot of people question what a HC does with OC and DC handling most of the play to play details. He keeps the team focused. He makes sure that last week's loss doesn't spill over into this week's game. I hate BELICHEAT as much as the next guy but he is the GOAT at this most critical skill. Reminds me of a basketball coach at my HS whose teams won a lot and occasionally lost, but NEVER because his players were distracted. In my mind the #1 job of a HC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X