Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: New sheriff in town at LHU

This is off-topic, I know, with the division-deciding matchups this weekend and all, but this guy caught my attention. If you're interested in the future of PASSHE I think you'll find the new LHU President has a great perspective.

He is not your usual university president. His previous job wasn't Provost or VP of Academic Affairs. His background is financial, first in the private sector and more recently in higher education. He is an innovator and it will be interesting to see what he can do at The Haven. Link below.

http://www.lockhaven.com/news/local-...timistic-tone/

Re: OT: New sheriff in town at LHU

Absolutely some good stuff in there.

If you're on Twitter and this stuff interests you, I suggest you follow the new chancellor Dan Greenstein at @dan_greenstein.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Absolutely some good stuff in there.

If you're on Twitter and this stuff interests you, I suggest you follow the new chancellor Dan Greenstein at @dan_greenstein.
        His workforce development comments are spot on, IMO. That's what I've been saying when this topic comes up and I believe it's where the PASSHE as a whole needs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          His workforce development comments are spot on, IMO. That's what I've been saying when this topic comes up and I believe it's where the PASSHE as a whole needs to go.
          Agreed. PASSHE schools need to prove their value to the immediate local economy - not as an employer but as what the value is for the education they provide. He's dead on about college being worth the cost when you consider the higher earnings over your lifetime. Couple that with a PASSHE education being just as good for less money and the average graduate having less loan debt than PSU/Pitt/Temple/Private graduates and *boom* there's your value.

But I'm still on board with throwing out the Board of Governors. They got us into this mess of system-wide labor contracts that guarantee costs everyone but West Chester knows they can't afford.

Comment

Many will be watching to see what changes might come at Lock Haven...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X