Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC Scholarship Numbers

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    This is a point I been trying to make regarding the almost fully-funded private colleges/universities. Their athletic scholarship offers don't put a large dent into their tuition cost. Now, regarding the need for another angle, I do recall that the private colleges/universities has generous merit-based scholarship programs. So if a student-athlete has excellent grades I am sure they are requesting them to apply and see how much merit money they can get in addition to their athletic scholarship offer.
    You don't really need "excellent" grades or good SAT scores to get the "merit based" money .... there is so much money at these private schools they have trouble giving it all away ... no athlete is paying anywhere near "sticker price" more like less than half as an average. Attracting athletes is how they keep up enrollment, one small private school we visited had almost half the student body playing a sport. In our experience the private schools, once the package was offered and negotiated, was equal to or less than the publics. jus sayin

Comment

There isn't money. They're just discounting. Like Black Friday. They make up for the steep football discount by getting several suckers to pay 50% more while still thinking they're getting a deep discount.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        There isn't money. They're just discounting. Like Black Friday. They make up for the steep football discount by getting several suckers to pay 50% more while still thinking they're getting a deep discount.
        Semantics ... jus sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X