Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC Scholarship Numbers

Saw this posted online. These are "full scholarship equivalencies" for all NCAA athletic teams at that school.

Re: PSAC Scholarship Numbers

Thank VERY MUCH for this info!

Comment

More clear evidence that ESU football issues are fixable, but will require a large-scale program overhaul. Here are the keys Jimmy, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
        More clear evidence that ESU football issues are fixable, but will require a large-scale program overhaul. Here are the keys Jimmy, good luck!

Comment

Right. I am more saying that should they so choose, ESU could prioritize having a decent football program. They're not necessarily hemmed in by the same constraints as some of the other cellar dwellers.

Comment

I can't find the latest numbers. Could be interesting to see what % of total scholarships goes to football at each school.

Comment

I am personally embarrassed that UPJ, without football, gives out more scholarship equivalencies than Shippensburg. So should WCU. That's ridiculous.

Also would be curious to know how much of Mercyhurst's money goes out to ice hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                I am personally embarrassed that UPJ, without football, gives out more scholarship equivalencies than Shippensburg. So should WCU. That's ridiculous.

Also would be curious to know how much of Mercyhurst's money goes out to ice hockey.
                Both Erie schools pump a lot in to men's and women's basketball. Wrestling rules the roost at UPJ.

Comment

I would guess Mercyhurst and Seton Hill allocate a lot to their baseball programs, too. If they haven't been and start to, cover your eyes (for those who watch D2 college baseball :wink:)

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                    I would guess Mercyhurst and Seton Hill allocate a lot to their baseball programs, too. If they haven't been and start to, cover your eyes (for those who watch D2 college baseball :wink:)
                    That would be me, for one!

Last I'd heard, Ship's Matt Jones had one (1) scholarship equivalency to divvy up among his roster. Which makes their perennial standing as a regional power rather remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                      That would be me, for one!

Last I'd heard, Ship's Matt Jones had one (1) scholarship equivalency to divvy up among his roster. Which makes their perennial standing as a regional power rather remarkable.

That's 'fairly' common in baseball in the PSAC, correct? Perhaps more than (1) but not much more. The way IUP treats baseball ... they are lucky they have uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        That's 'fairly' common in baseball in the PSAC, correct? Perhaps more than (1) but not much more. The way IUP treats baseball ... they are lucky they have uniforms.
                        I'm not sure what it's like for the other schools, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Although I'm pretty sure Mercyhurst and Seton Hill are giving out considerably more than the rest. Seton Hill's a rising giant in D-II baseball.

Comment

I bet Clarion, Boro, and Lock Haven give the full 9.9 for D1 wrestling, and Pitt Johnstown probably gives the full 9 for D2 wrestling. it would be nice to see break down by sport.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea wrestling gave so few scholarships. What's the average roster size ... at least 30-some, right?

I've seen the men's and women's basketball breakdowns before ... the disparity, per capita, is similar to football.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Wow, I had no idea wrestling gave so few scholarships. What's the average roster size ... at least 30-some, right?

I've seen the men's and women's basketball breakdowns before ... the disparity, per capita, is similar to football.
                              Yes most teams have 30 or so wrestlers in the room and there are 10 "starters" so not even 1 scholarship for every weight class in D1 (10). The thing that I find funny is the difference between D1 (9.9 and D2 (9). What I would find interesting is not just seeing each schools breakdown, but also seeing where they are competitively in that sport over the years would be fascinating to me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X