Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Take IUP edition

Mike London got the UVA job out of Richmond...with UVA ties but no other HC experience. Brian Kelly didnt win a D2 playoff game in the 90's. I dont think he won a playoff game until 01'....and he got the CMU job in 04 while never being out of d2 coaching.

The Moorhead guy I think I saw was a GA at pitt when Cignetti was RC there in the late 90's. But his general resume in D1 coaching was Akron and Uconn before Fordham and the short stop at Penn st. If he can get Miss st...I wouldnt put a UNC out of the realm of possibility. If Elon finishes pretty strong combined with Bama on the resume. He's been a RC at Pitt, NCST and Bama. Two successful HC stops. Small school really wouldnt matter if youve already had experience recruiting the best players in the country for most of your career.

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
      The attendance numbers for football and basketball that show up in the box score are exactly the number that is scanned from the gate. The Olympic sports...well, the attendance is done by counting the people in the crowd.
      That's my point. The crowds have been way better under Tort -- whether is statistically shows up or not.

I actually have 'paid for' tickets. Only once this year have I been asked for my ticket entering the stadium.

Comment

Not sure if this has been on here before. If it was I missed it.

https://uublueknights.com/roster.asp...&path=football

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

We saw that last year. It's amazing they still spell his name wrong. It's $tockett.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            We saw that last year. It's amazing they still spell his name wrong. It's $tockett.
            Geez this "kid" is almost eligible for his AARP card ... time to get on with your life's work young man. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Thanks for posting this. I was actually not aware that he was back in the game. Great to see. He was a QB that I had pretty high hopes in while he was at IUP. He had all the tools that you would want in a QB----size, arm, mobility. Too damn bad that Curt completely wasted the 2014 season on a signal caller who had absolutely no business playing at the IUP level. Had he used that time to develop $tockett he may have had something. But I guess it is all academic now since Lenny came in the next year and nobody looked back.

I got to talk with his dad a couple of times at IUP and he was an awesome dude. Reminded me a lot of Ron Cook the sportswriter. A lot of great insights. The funny thing I recall checking the Urbana roster several times after his departure from IUP since Tyler Haines went there. I figured that at least Haines knew a good QB prospect when he saw one unlike some moron.

But glad to see he made his way back into the game and school!

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X