Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VULCANS playing on Sunday...

After cutdowns to 53 the following CAL U products are currently on the payroll...
    ERIC HARRIS '11 #2 SS OAKLAND RAIDERS
    RONTEZ MILES '12 #2 FS NEW YORK JETS
    ERIC KUSH '12 STARTING RG CLEVELAND BROWNS
    C J GOODWIN '14 #2 RCB DALLAS COWBOYS

Nice recruiting info.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      After cutdowns to 53 the following CAL U products are currently on the payroll...
      ERIC HARRIS '11 #2 SS OAKLAND RAIDERS
      RONTEZ MILES '12 #2 FS NEW YORK JETS
      ERIC KUSH '12 STARTING RG CLEVELAND BROWNS
      C J GOODWIN '14 #2 RCB DALLAS COWBOYS

Nice recruiting info.
      That's impressive, but the real question is will they remember Cal and help out - Like Jahri Evans at BU, or Jim Hazlett at IUP, or Andre Reed at KU

Comment

Not quite at the same level as those three, but I have heard that KUSH has recently gifted his alma mater with some equipment.

Comment

Not quite at the same level as those three, but I have heard that KUSH has recently gifted his alma mater with some equipment.
          That's good, in the end these kinds of things really impact programs the most. We won't see how Armenti's plans worked out for a few years yet when the investments in football pay off or not. I think already we see that Cal will stay on par with IUP and SRU for the near future. Long term it depends on how much money can be brought in from outside.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

That's impressive, but the real question is will they remember Cal and help out - Like Jahri Evans at BU, or Jim Hazlett at IUP, or Andre Reed at KU
            They're also young in their careers. Evans helped out years after getting his first FA deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

They're also young in their careers. Evans helped out years after getting his first FA deal.
              KUSH and HARRIS have some job security, but you're only there until the next hot shot comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

That's good, in the end these kinds of things really impact programs the most. We won't see how Armenti's plans worked out for a few years yet when the investments in football pay off or not. I think already we see that Cal will stay on par with IUP and SRU for the near future. Long term it depends on how much money can be brought in from outside.

Comment

meh, the overall team records and achievements are about the same -stupid to split hairs on this, Question is, with the huge budget problems looming for the state system schools, will cal be able to maintain its status as always in the top 3 in the psac west. They're going to need money to do that, Question is will the pipeline pay off. Do the players like their time at Cal enough to come back and be friends of the program, or are they mostly mercenaries, who have no long term connection to Cal ?

Comment

I think it will come down to being able to keep the scholarship dollars up with increasing costs. That's what has really hurt. Scholarship dollars are relatively stagnant and slowly losing ground when everything rises each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      I think it will come down to being able to keep the scholarship dollars up with increasing costs. That's what has really hurt. Scholarship dollars are relatively stagnant and slowly losing ground when everything rises each year.
                      I guess part of why I started this thread is to ask the question of whether success in placing players in the NFL helps in recruiting top D2/borderline D1 talent even with less the max scholarship $$ available? I've zero direct experience in the process but am impressed with the classes GARY DUNN has brought in since coming on board. Apparently with much less, if any, of the highly questionable practices of the past. Is it smoke and mirrors or an actual manageable system?

Comment

I guess part of why I started this thread is to ask the question of whether success in placing players in the NFL helps in recruiting top D2/borderline D1 talent even with less the max scholarship $$ available? I've zero direct experience in the process but am impressed with the classes GARY DUNN has brought in since coming on board. Apparently with much less, if any, of the highly questionable practices of the past. Is it smoke and mirrors or an actual manageable system?
                        I think Cal's future is trying to maintain what Gary Dunn has been able to do: stay in the hunt for the PSAC West crown. This conference is a dog fight every year and though some don't want to admit it, more dollars doesn't necessarily guarantee you more wins. A couple possessions can be the difference between a 2 and a 4 loss season. One might get you into the playoffs - another has your boosters asking questions. The PSAC West is usually a 2 or 3 horse race. Do what you can to be included in that group.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X