Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC--EAST vs WEST

This certainly wasn't the year for the usual West bragging. Top 3 vs top 3 wasn't even close. CALU, IUP SRU were 5-4 in their crossovers while WCU, KU, SHIP came close to a sweep at 8-1. As noted on another thread this could be the truly rare year that the PSAC WEST may not be represented in the SR1 PO. Ouch. Pride cometh before the fall.

Re: PSAC--EAST vs WEST

Everything is cyclical.

The West had won te last 4 PSAC Championships; before yesterday. The only team to win back to back is from the West.

A true representation on the final crossover would be 1 playing 1 2 playing 2; 3 playing 3 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
      Everything is cyclical.

The West had won te last 4 PSAC Championships; before yesterday. The only team to win back to back is from the West.

A true representation on the final crossover would be 1 playing 1 2 playing 2; 3 playing 3 etc.
      As you say these things are cyclical. But as you also say the WEST had won the last 4 PSAC FB and as I think back to July/August, there were not many posts that felt the trend would change in '18.
      You realize that the perfect crossover you describe cannot happen so the comparison stands as the next best possibility. And EAST was much better. This year.

Comment

As recently as two years ago, the PSAC West was way, WAY better than the PSAC East. Now the PSAC East was probably a little stronger this year. Good to see the PSAC East collectively show improvement.

Comment

Granted, the East won the State Game and had a good final weekend. However, across the PSAC this year most teams were so inconsistent from week to week that it's hard to give the East an advantage. Plus, it's just one year. One day, actually.

WCU was consistent throughout the season. You could say that about Kutztown, too. For the rest of the teams it was almost impossible to predict their performance from week to week.

Comment

Comment

A near .500 team from the East beat the top 2 teams from the West.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                A near .500 team from the East beat the top 2 teams from the West.
                That's a good point (downgraded to good now that I follow your logic). On the other hand they lost to #3 Cal and they lost to Bloom. Inconsistent. They also almost beat Post
                Last edited by iupgroundhog; 11-11-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

It was a weird year in the West. Other than Slippery Rock being the best team, the rest of it was hard to predict.

Seton Hill beat Mercyhurst; Mercyhurst beat Edinboro; Edinboro beat Clarion; Clarion beat Gannon; Gannon beat California; California beat IUP; IUP beat Seton Hill.
                  http://www.indianagazette.com
                  www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

I've stated my bias toward the West previously, but this year, I give the nod to the East.

Comment

Both ESU wins came against the mighty West...Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                        Both ESU wins came against the mighty West...Just sayin'
                        OUCH, that's just mean !!!

Comment

You can't draw conclusions from one year, but it was encouraging to see the East not be outclassed against the West this year, especially with Shepherd coming in. Per Massey ratings Shepherd was approximately equal in strength to Bloomsburg this year, in a down year for them. The battle for divisional superiority sure should be fascinating to watch in the coming years.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how the West was so much better than the East...I heard it all season long, but perhaps it was just talk, especially considering the results Saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                              I'm still trying to figure out how the West was so much better than the East...I heard it all season long, but perhaps it was just talk, especially considering the results Saturday...

Maybe you should spend more time figuring out why ESU foosball is now the New Cheyney.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X