Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 From the PeeSack

Originally posted by every1ftballfan View Post
    Fairmont State (9-2) lost to Notre Dame by 3 points. Fairmont was up 14-3 at half. Notre Dame has 3 controversial calls that helped them win the game at the end (RB did not cross on rushing TD on 4th down...Fairmont stopped them 4 times from the 3 yard line and the ref away from the play called pass interference on a overthrown 4th down pass. Gave them another set of downs). Fairmont lost to Charleston by 6 win both teams were 3-0. Fairmont finished on a 5 game win streak averaging 50 per game and allowing 16 in that span. Leads the MEC in scoring defense & offense. Tops 5 in the region in both as well.
    First, scoring margin doesn't matter. Second... how do we know how good Notre Dame is, really? Undefeated in the MEC in a down year for Shepherd. Only OOC game was a 1-10 Seton Hill team. Were they better than, say, Findlay of the GMAC? Charleston lost at NDC by 7, and at home against Findlay by 11. Hard to tell, I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks. Either way, because of a lack of impressive OOC performances by MEC teams, hard to justify putting in a team with 2 conference losses. Both ODU and Slippery Rock had significantly stronger resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspy View Post
      The process is supposed to be based on a so called formula and be objective but the last two years the formula was manipulated to make sure the teams the committee wanted to make it, made it and in my book that is subjective.
      I've asked at least 100 times over the years for someone to point me at this supposed "formula." To date, no one has been able to do so. Absent a formula that is fairly applied to all DII teams across all regions, what you have is an almost completely subjective system were each voter is left to interpret the 13 selection criteria through the lens of what they think is "right" and "fair."

We have a subjective selection process were the usual suspects on the "inside" (teams and conferences that garner most of the seats at the table) who say the system is totally fair and always reaches the "right" decision and the majority on the outside who point at the inconsistity seemingly every year and are left to wonder if the playing field is level and fair. As ODU and the GMAC is now learning and that many have learned before them, the process is not fair and teams are not considered equally.
      Last edited by boatcapt; 11-12-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

The @ODUPanthersFB team closes the regular season ranked #22 in the @WeAreAFCA poll. ODU is one of two top-25 teams denied an @NCAADII postseason bid and are the fourth-highest ranked of the Super Region One teams. ODU finishes with higher SOS than all but two SR1 playoff

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post
          The @ODUPanthersFB team closes the regular season ranked #22 in the @WeAreAFCA poll. ODU is one of two top-25 teams denied an @NCAADII postseason bid and are the fourth-highest ranked of the Super Region One teams. ODU finishes with higher SOS than all but two SR1 playoff
          Sorry, your tweet got cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
            Big deal! Its about wins and losses, not stats! Nor how many you lost by to a good team.

Fairmont beat Shepherd, so did Va-Wise, should they get a bid?
            I get ODU's beef. Fairmont? Not so much.

Comment

ODU should be upset at themselves for allowing this to happen, you win the games it don't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                I would have picked Ohio Dominican over New Haven. I think the GMAC is a better conference than the NE10.
                Can you be more specific and may be elaborate more on where do you get this information?

Comment

Perhaps we could be at bit less juvenile when we refer to the PSAC...It wouldn't hurt if younger announcers stopped saying P-SAC...It's the P-S-A-C, and should be referred to that way...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                    Perhaps we could be at bit less juvenile when we refer to the PSAC...It wouldn't hurt if younger announcers stopped saying P-SAC...It's the P-S-A-C, and should be referred to that way...
                    LOL, but true.

Comment

Just be lucky they know what game they are calling let alone the league.

I'd prefer they get these live feed issues fixed first and foremost. I just mute the volume anyway. I dream of a day watching a feed and it not freezing 18 times.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                        I thought you coined that pronunciation.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          I thought you coined that pronunciation.

You thought? There's a first...Better go rest up for your next one...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X