X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 From the PeeSack

Rock gets in as the 7

Re: 3 From the PeeSack

Congrats to the Rock, as well as Kutztown and Da Champs West Chester.

Comment

Reid Amos said on the selection show that our win vs. IUP was the deciding factor in us getting in over (I believe) Ohio Dominican, Tiffin and Fairmont State.

I'm happy we made it. Now we have a chance to wash that bad taste from Saturday out of our mouths.

Comment

Ohio Dominican gets disrespected again. No way that at least 2 GMAC teams should not have made it. ODU had a better SOS. The Rock barely beat an 0-10 Kentucky team and gets rewarded. The chairperson said that the Rock was selected because they beat 8-3 IUP, 7-4 Cal PA and 6-5 Edinboro-all conf games by the way. ODU beat 8-3 Findlay, 7-4 Cal Pa and 6-4 Ashland and 2 of those were out of conf. The Rock had one less in region win than ODU. They were both 3-2 against .500 teams.

Also New Haven gets in playing one less game with less region wins and a worse strength of schedule than ODU. Also they played nobody out of conference. Last year the committee held that against ODU and this year they reward New Haven with a playoff birth. D2 selection is too subjective.

Comment

Congrats to the teams representing the PSAC . Make us proud........

Comment

Originally posted by Caspy View Post
            Ohio Dominican gets disrespected again. No way that at least 2 GMAC teams should not have made it. ODU had a better SOS. The Rock barely beat an 0-10 Kentucky team and gets rewarded. The chairperson said that the Rock was selected because they beat 8-3 IUP, 7-4 Cal PA and 6-5 Edinboro-all conf games by the way. ODU beat 8-3 Findlay, 7-4 Cal Pa and 6-4 Ashland and 2 of those were out of conf. The Rock had one less in region win than ODU. They were both 3-2 against .500 teams.

Also New Haven gets in playing one less game with less region wins and a worse strength of schedule than ODU. Also they played nobody out of conference. Last year the committee held that against ODU and this year they reward New Haven with a playoff birth. D2 selection is too subjective.
            I would have picked Ohio Dominican over New Haven. I think the GMAC is a better conference than the NE10.

Comment

D2 selection is too subjective.
              Pretty sure if selection is based on a formula, that would be the opposite of subjective. Arguing that the formula itself should be different, perhaps incorporating margin of victory more, is a separate story.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                Pretty sure if selection is based on a formula, that would be the opposite of subjective. Arguing that the formula itself should be different, perhaps incorporating margin of victory more, is a separate story.
                The process is supposed to be based on a so called formula and be objective but the last two years the formula was manipulated to make sure the teams the committee wanted to make it, made it and in my book that is subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                  Reid Amos said on the selection show that our win vs. IUP was the deciding factor in us getting in over (I believe) Ohio Dominican, Tiffin and Fairmont State.

I'm happy we made it. Now we have a chance to wash that bad taste from Saturday out of our mouths.

Comment

The process is supposed to be based on a so called formula and be objective but the last two years the formula was manipulated to make sure the teams the committee wanted to make it, made it and in my book that is subjective.
                    Seems pretty tin-foil-hat-y to me. Maybe ODU shouldn't have lost 2 games and they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      Amazing wins over IUP helps other teams but IUP would be penalized for the crappy crossover schedule handed to them
                      I assume that's what kept West Chester from being 1 or 2. Gannon and Seton Hill didn't help their SOS.

Comment

It will be an interesting weekend with the PSAC teams getting split up and all playing non-psac teams. I think since there are games this weekend anyway just make it 8 from each region and 4 games instead of 3.

Comment

I was completely surprised, and frankly, I was thinking only one.

And ODU might have itself a legitimate gripe.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                            I was completely surprised, and frankly, I was thinking only one.

And ODU might have itself a legitimate gripe.

Their resume was pretty good.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X