• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP 1993 - 25 years later

https://youtu.be/fyCsJY3S2qI

Comment

Re: IUP 1993 - 25 years later

What's really lousy is that the championship site in Florence, Alabama was supposed to be a neutral site. Instead it was a home game for North Alabama.

I can't believe that is going to be 25 years here.

-

Comment

And it may never have come down to all that if not for the breakdown that allowed UNA to block that punt earlier in the 4th. IUP was in total control at that point.

Comment

Those were the teams that changed the PSAC in to the everybody gets a trophy league.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Those were the teams that changed the PSAC in to the everybody gets a trophy league.

Yep.

And the sad thing was the 1991 team was probably the best and they got screwed being forced on the road in the playoffs when they were the top ranked team in the country.

Comment

That is excellent. I remember traveling up to the New Haven game, not being able to get to IUP for the North Dakota game and then watching the championship game on TV. We've got to do that again except come out on top the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                That is excellent. I remember traveling up to the New Haven game, not being able to get to IUP for the North Dakota game and then watching the championship game on TV. We've got to do that again except come out on top the next time.
                You didn't miss much unless you like to stand in rain-soaked, cold, and muddy cow pastures. Downright dismal day.

The national title game was in part on ESPN the following week but they kept switching between it and the D-III title game between Rowan and Mount Union. That was tough to take.

-

Comment

Geez...look at all the crappy grass fields back in those days. IUP wasn't alone with the goat pasture that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                    You didn't miss much unless you like to stand in rain-soaked, cold, and muddy cow pastures. Downright dismal day.

The national title game was in part on ESPN the following week but they kept switching between it and the D-III title game between Rowan and Mount Union. That was tough to take.

-

Comment

I can't watch the ending of the NC game. It's still too painful to watch.

To allow a high school option offense complete that long pass was a gigantic punch to the gut.

Comment

Like a lot of people I also had a VHS tape of the game and it is long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          Like a lot of people I also had a VHS tape of the game and it is long gone.
                          I'm the opposite. I have tons of old IUP football and basketball games on VHS ... with no VCR to watch them! I've been meaning to hit one of the 'antique' stores or Salvation Army to pick one up and I always forget.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            I'm the opposite. I have tons of old IUP football and basketball games on VHS ... with no VCR to watch them! I've been meaning to hit one of the 'antique' stores or Salvation Army to pick one up and I always forget.

Or you can get them transferred to DVD.

Comment

I know what you mean. We used to have one of those as well. I believe 1983 was the installation date. I used to pick up a lot of Raider and Laker games on the West Coast and watch them like that. It was kind of cool.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X