Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    I watched the video more times than I should have.
    And you missed the Boro coach taunt the gannon sideline from midfield (he's yelling and flexing at the Gannon sideline..not celebrating with the team) and then run at the Gannon coach that's between midfield and the sideline? That started it. simple.

I was on board with it being Gannon too when I saw it live and first few times I saw the video. But I guess its like unsportsmanlike penalties. 2nd guy gets the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

So, the Boro coach taunting the gannon sideline is cool. But the gannon HC getting pissed about that is wrong?
      I'm not excusing anything. Regardless of who started it or what was said/done, cooler heads should prevail. It shouldn't matter if the Edinboro coach was throwing punches - the Gannon HC should have the emotional maturity to deescalate that situation. That picture shows an Edinboro coach with his arms behind his back and the Gannon coach with his arms out being held back. Sticks and stones, Coach Rzyczycki!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm not excusing anything. Regardless of who started it or what was said/done, cooler heads should prevail. It shouldn't matter if the Edinboro coach was throwing punches - the Gannon HC should have the emotional maturity to deescalate that situation. That picture shows an Edinboro coach with his arms behind his back and the Gannon coach with his arms out being held back. Sticks and stones, Coach Rzyczycki!
        The pic shows the end. The video shows the beginning and how it started. To me if another coach yelled/taunted at the boro sidelines after beating them....and the Coach Bradford went ape **** after that other coach...I'd be ok with it also. Yelling at the other team and acting hard at midfield after winning is bush league. and even worse running at the other coach from midfield to meet him because he took offense to your taunting is even worse. You can put your hands behind you back afterwards to be a victim but it doesn't change how it started and the fact you started it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

excusing the Boro coach starting it is exactly what your doing. Then saying its ok the boro coach was LIT AF because it was towards Gannon? Is that was sticks and stones means?
          Last edited by EdinboroFB; 10-08-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Were things chippy the whole game or just at the end?

The IUP/Gannon Brawl in 2017 ... there NEVER should have been a handshake line. The brawl almost erupted several times during the game and the officials had lost control in the first quarter. It was easy to see what was coming.

The whole end of the game period is walking a fine line -- especially in those heated, dramatic endings. I almost wonder if the league would be better off instituting a 90 second or two-minute 'cool off' period with each team on its sideline prior to walking out for the handshake. Violate the cool-off period and it's an automatic two-game suspension. Once those things erupt obviously they are very hard to simmer.

Of course, in this recent incident, the teams never even made it to the handshake line before chaos broke loose. Luckily that ended up being more like an MLB bench clear with a lot of shouting and jumping around. Two years ago was an all-out, fist flying brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

The pic shows the end. The video shows the beginning and how it started. To me if another coach yelled/taunted at the boro sidelines after beating them....and the Coach Bradford went ape **** after that other coach...I'd be ok with it also. Yelling at the other team and acting hard at midfield after winning is bush league.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Were things chippy the whole game or just at the end?

The IUP/Gannon Brawl in 2017 ... there NEVER should have been a handshake line. The brawl almost erupted several times during the game and the officials had lost control in the first quarter. It was easy to see what was coming.

The whole end of the game period is walking a fine line -- especially in those heated, dramatic endings. I almost wonder if the league would be better off instituting a 90 second or two-minute 'cool off' period with each team on its sideline prior to walking out for the handshake. Violate the cool-off period and it's an automatic two-game suspension. Once those things erupt obviously they are very hard to simmer.

Of course, in this recent incident, the teams never even made it to the handshake line before chaos broke loose. Luckily that ended up being more like an MLB bench clear with a lot of shouting and jumping around. Two years ago was an all-out, fist flying brawl.
                Honestly, watching the game I didnt notice anything crazy. Even like I said ( in the video) there is really no reaction after the FG went thru of any hostility from Gannon until the Boro coach flexed and yelled from midfield and then ran at the Gannon coach. Cant see any team taking that without a reaction. You taunt me from midfield and then run at me and expect me not to lose my **** or anybody.. is unrealistic.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the beginning of it all is not on the video. Everything on the video points to Gannon being the aggressor.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the beginning of it all is not on the video. Everything on the video points to Gannon being the aggressor.
                    Gannon was the aggressor but at 0.18 on the video the boro coach is yelling towards the gannon sideline and then runs at the gannon coach.

If you want to say gannon hc gave the finger. Look at what he's giving it to. Boro coach is yelling at the gannon sideline from midfield at about 0.18...then gannon coach shows up to the left of the video giving the hand gesture....then boro coach runs towards gannon sideline....meeting the gannon coach at almost the numbers on the gannon side. The video ends where it seems that pic was taken because the you can see the boro coach in the dark hoodie being held back...just to the right of the referee thats at the 10 yard line.

I'm either an idiot or the one eyed man in the land of the blind.

Comment

Clarion is prepping to yet again have three straight weeks against the West Big Three. They've been doing this for awhile now. That sucks for them.

When does this schedule platform change again?

Comment

Clarion is prepping to yet again have three straight weeks against the West Big Three. They've been doing this for awhile now. That sucks for them.

WOW, not before 2022 at the earliest. Truly unfair scheduling.

Comment

Schedule pattern does change next year for next 2 seasons, IUP big twosome switches for the better SRU Home and then at Cal. Clarion home before Rock. This is much better for IUP....just sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X