Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship Staff all have to be on hot seat

Aren't they coming off a 30-15 win? Where they doubled the opponents' yardage? And won time of possession by 10 minutes? And didn't turn the ball over?

Comment

You're the second guy on this board who has tried to put Coach Mac on the hot seat. He is not. Yes, they're having a lousy season and obviously if it becomes a trend it will be a problem. But somebody who has accomplished something unprecedented at Ship (eight successive winning seasons by the same coach) is not going to be swept out after a few games.

Comment

Comment

Coach Mac is beloved within the SU community as a former player and hey lets not forget he has had a winning season every year since he became HC. While the offensive numbers have dipped and the defensive numbers have spiked this year, no way they would get rid of Mac. If anything next season he may take a more hands on approach to the defense in particular with the DB's. Injuries and key players having to sit out this year have hurt them greatly but it does give younger players experience for next year when they hopefully can make a nice run. I don't see Ship winning more than 4 games this year (Ville, Lock Haven are the only two give me wins left on the schedule) so I'm sure that losing season will rub Coach Mac and the staff the wrong way as well as the players fueling them to recruit and train harder in the off season to redeem themselves.

Comment

When people stop parking in the Faculty Lounge Lot and pass thru the Physical Plant Turnstiles on their way to the Bursar's Office Grandstand at Student Body Field, then it becomes time to worry

Comment

I am only aware of one player who is out for seaso.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinTheSnackBar View Post
                When people stop parking in the Faculty Lounge Lot and pass thru the Physical Plant Turnstiles on their way to the Bursar's Office Grandstand at Student Body Field, then it becomes time to worry
                I see what you did there. Nicely played. :)

My dad used to work at the Physical Plant. They didn't sponsor the turnstiles back then.

Yeahhhh ... that's a bit of an alarmist take.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I see what you did there. Nicely played. :)

My dad used to work at the Physical Plant. They didn't sponsor the turnstiles back then.

Yeahhhh ... that's a bit of an alarmist take.
                  The number of potential head coaches who appear on the Interweb is truly amazing. If only the coaches at their alma maters would listen to them, no one would lose a game.

Comment

Question is ... was this thread started by a disgruntled parent or a Ship player?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Question is ... was this thread started by a disgruntled parent or a Ship player?
                      Or neither.

Comment

As I have mentioned I may have jumped the gun with the HC, Nobody has addressed either the OC or the DC. Great the HC may get more involved next year.

Comment

Originally posted by PSAChack View Post
                          As I have mentioned I may have jumped the gun with the HC, Nobody has addressed either the OC or the DC. Great the HC may get more involved next year.
                          The OC did pretty well in his stops prior to Ship. Maybe he's had a sudden meltdown. Guess we'll find out.

Comment

John Chaney III hasn't played as well as Josh Gontrek both were all conference players last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The OC did pretty well in his stops prior to Ship. Maybe he's had a sudden meltdown. Guess we'll find out.
                              I am willing to give the OC one more year to right his wrongs, as for the DC I have been saying the last 3-4 years a change is needed. The same way when Mac was hired he blew up that old Wing T option offense and incorporated the spead, the same innovation has to be done on the other side of the ball. Even if we went to a 3-4 defense and recruited big hogs on the DL that would be a welcomed change and bring excitement to the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X