Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings

10-25-2019, 10:38 AM
    Did anyone read Scott miles regional predictions pretty Interesting..
    Lot of football to be played... Odu would be on the outside looking in again... why can't they seem to schedule more games? The rest of the conference has... they've missed out the last few years and that is a factor.
    i thought NE 10 would get an automatic bid for co ference winner? I believe the GMAC does...

That top 10 is pretty close to where I would place it. NE-10 has no autobid, just earned access, so if they're not ranked in the top 9, they get no teams in. I think I would rank Assumption above Urbana but below WVSU at the present juncture. If Assumption wins out, which there is a very real chance of, they could sneak in.

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post
      10-25-2019, 10:38 AM
      Did anyone read Scott miles regional predictions pretty Interesting..
      Lot of football to be played... Odu would be on the outside looking in again... why can't they seem to schedule more games? The rest of the conference has... they've missed out the last few years and that is a factor.
      i thought NE 10 would get an automatic bid for co ference winner? I believe the GMAC does...
      That's a critical point.

QUALIFYING STANDARDS
      In order to be considered during the selection process, a team must:
      ? Have an overall won-lost record of .500 or better against Division II opponents;
      ? Play at least eight Division II opponents during the regular season (there will be an appeals process available in 2019 if a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement); and
      ? Play at least 10 opponents during the regular season. An institution may submit a waiver request to the football committee for its consideration if a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement.
      Also, I'm not sure where Scott gets his SOS numbers or what they mean. Notre Dame's opponents are 16-33 .327 and Slippery Rock's are 20-28 .417
      Last edited by Horror Child; 10-25-2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Horror Child, I pulled my SOS numbers from the NCAA website http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div and sorted by cumulative opposition. The committee will look at Past Opposition every week, but I went ahead and sorted by the cumulative because that's a more accurate reflection of where everyone will be when this actually matters in a few weeks.

As for ODU's nine-game schedule...Due to the conference schedule, ODU already had a week nine bye and couldn't find anyone to play. When Malone dropped its program in late January, that opened up week six as well, but that is also late in the schedule (and late in the process to try to find opponents.) I can say with first hand knowledge that ODU reached out to plenty of schools to try to fill one or both of those dates...but it takes two to tango.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Miles View Post
          Horror Child, I pulled my SOS numbers from the NCAA website http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div and sorted by cumulative opposition. The committee will look at Past Opposition every week, but I went ahead and sorted by the cumulative because that's a more accurate reflection of where everyone will be when this actually matters in a few weeks.
          Thanks. That explains how you had Notre Dame ahead of Slippery Rock. And that table only looks at opponents' record while SOS also accounts for opponents' opponents' record. You're right though. It'll all shake out in the end.

As for ODU's nine-game schedule...Due to the conference schedule, ODU already had a week nine bye and couldn't find anyone to play. When Malone dropped its program in late January, that opened up week six as well, but that is also late in the schedule (and late in the process to try to find opponents.) I can say with first hand knowledge that ODU reached out to plenty of schools to try to fill one or both of those dates...but it takes two to tango.
          I assume that ODU applied for a waiver. Any idea if it was granted?

And WVS is 5-1. Any consideration?

Comment

No problems, thanks for reading and the feedback! Yes, ODU is eligible for the postseason this year. And yes, WVS and Urbana are right there as well. Hurting WVS is its loss to Urbana...I think the committee would use that to keep them behind UU. But if they win out, they're going to be right there in the mix.

Comment

No problems, thanks for reading and the feedback! Yes, ODU is eligible for the postseason this year. And yes, WVS and Urbana are right there as well. Hurting WVS is its loss to Urbana...I think the committee would use that to keep them behind UU. But if they win out, they're going to be right there in the mix.
              WVS's (5-1) loss to Urbana (5-2) would be offset by common opponent Frostburg.

Comment

It really sucks for ODU with in-region Fairmont St also being open 11/2

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X