Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC Championship game 2019

Series Record: 10-3 Slippery Rock

Kutztown has won 3 of last 5 meetings, last meeting 2017 at Kutztown (KU won 42-24)

Teams have met once for PSAC Championship: 2011 ( 21-14 KU) game played at Kutztown

Kutztown is the last team to win under lights at Slippery Rock (2012)

Mirror images:

Rivers rushed 111 times for 538 yards, passed for 36 TDs, 5 Int

DiGalbo rushed 100 times for 430 yards, passed for 25 TDS, 5 int

ROCK D: ranks 2nd in conference in Total Defense

Kutztown ranks 3rd in conference in Total Defense

ROCK run D ranks 3rd in Conference

Kutztown run D ranks 2nd in conference

ROCK offense ranks 1st in Conference in scoring

Kutztown offense ranks 3rd in Conference in scoring

Three Common opponents:

Shippensburg: ROCK 59-10; Kutztown 55-5
    Millersville:: ROCK 49-0, Kutztown 37-17
    California: ROCK 31-28; Kutztown 35-28

This game has all the makings of being a close nail biting game. I think both teams come in hungry for the #1 seed and that very important bye. Being home should aide Kutztown although I'm sure SRU will have 2-3 fan buses make the trip across the state early Saturday morning to cheer on the Rock. I expect a high scoring game that may even go down the last minute with an last second TD or kick giving someone a perfect regular season. Either way both teams will qualify for the playoffs as the #1 and #3 seeds along with IUP (should they handle business against Ship) to give the PSAC 3 playoff berths. If IUP falls to Ship somehow then look for Shepherd to jump up in the ranks to get the 3rd PSAC playoff berth.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
      This game has all the makings of being a close nail biting game. I think both teams come in hungry for the #1 seed and that very important bye. Being home should aide Kutztown although I'm sure SRU will have 2-3 fan buses make the trip across the state early Saturday morning to cheer on the Rock. I expect a high scoring game that may even go down the last minute with an last second TD or kick giving someone a perfect regular season. Either way both teams will qualify for the playoffs as the #1 and #3 seeds along with IUP (should they handle business against Ship) to give the PSAC 3 playoff berths. If IUP falls to Ship somehow then look for Shepherd to jump up in the ranks to get the 3rd PSAC playoff berth.
      Long range AccuWeather says perfect late fall day sunny in 30-40 range. I can't move off K'TOWN with DIGALBO. The VULCANS loss to SRU felt like defensive failure while losing to KU seemed like inevitable defeat similar to what a lot of NFL teams sense when BRADY gets the ball with 2-3 minutes to go. Really hurts CAL U fans to be thisclose to the top of the heap and yet on the outside looking in.

Comment

I've been hyped up about this game since they clinched the east, can't wait for Saturday. Go Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by KU10 View Post
          I've been hyped up about this game since they clinched the east, can't wait for Saturday. Go Bears!
          Welcome to the MB and have a great time on Saturday. Just remember a couple of rules. Keep your posting civil as possible and never, ever post anything that may upset a certain species of red birds. OK ???

Comment

Kutztown has been more battle tested. Slimey barely squeaked by the two best teams they faced. I like The Fighting Amish at home.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
              Kutztown has been more battle tested. Slimey barely squeaked by the two best teams they faced. I like The Fighting Amish at home.
              "The Fighting Amish" is pretty funny

Comment

Nice to win this week ... But even nicer to win the rematch if they play again in a couple weeks. Certainly a possibility these two play again on a bigger stage.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                  I can't move off K'TOWN with DIGALBO. The VULCANS loss to SRU felt like defensive failure while losing to KU seemed like inevitable defeat similar to what a lot of NFL teams sense when BRADY gets the ball with 2-3 minutes to go. Really hurts CAL U fans to be thisclose to the top of the heap and yet on the outside looking in.
                  Apparently you and I both watched DiGalbo engineer the comeback against Cal in awe. I like the Brady analogy. He was that confident and workmanlike. However, SRU is a formidable foe. Should be a fascinating game. SRU is the best in the west and Kutz is the best in the east. To quote the late great Jim Morrison, "The west is the best." SRU by 2 TD's, I think

As far as Cal U being thisclose to the top of the heap you kept it close but you lost 3 games in the PSAC and you have another challenge coming up Saturday. I think that Cal U will take that one if they want it. At this stage of the season wanting it becomes a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Apparently you and I both watched DiGalbo engineer the comeback against Cal in awe. I like the Brady analogy. He was that confident and workmanlike. However, SRU is a formidable foe. Should be a fascinating game. SRU is the best in the west and Kutz is the best in the east. To quote the late great Jim Morrison, "The west is the best." SRU by 2 TD's, I think

As far as Cal U being thisclose to the top of the heap you kept it close but you lost 3 games in the PSAC and you have another challenge coming up Saturday. I think that Cal U will take that one if they want it. At this stage of the season wanting it becomes a factor.
                    Going with another NFL analogy. GARY DUNN is beginning to remind me of ANDY REID. Seems to be well versed in the sport, assembles solid teams and wins a lot of games. But in the end he will disappoint you. CAL U will keep him, as I think they should, because he's alum and runs an apparently clean program. In the end it's nice college football that brings the university some GOOD notoriety and is a strong focus for campus activities.
                    Incidentally if you're a gambler, betting against REID will almost always pay off because for reasons unknown he always draws money.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Welcome to the MB and have a great time on Saturday. Just remember a couple of rules. Keep your posting civil as possible and never, ever post anything that may upset a certain species of red birds. OK ???
                      Now THAT is VERY VERY funny!!! LOL....LOL....I like that one!

Comment

Originally posted by KU10 View Post

"The Fighting Amish" is pretty funny

IUP Nation has some REAL good ones. If you stay on the board long enough he will let em fly!!!

Comment

I have not seen Kutztown play this year, so I am not sure what to really think. I do like the fact that all 3 of their toughest games were wins on the road. It should be a pretty good game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

IUP Nation has some REAL good ones. If you stay on the board long enough he will let em fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                              I have not seen Kutztown play this year, so I am not sure what to really think. I do like the fact that all 3 of their toughest games were wins on the road. It should be a pretty good game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X