X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Job Rumblings?

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    MArk my words Keller with 35 scholarships spells trouble for the PSAC
    How many scholarships did he have at Lenoir-Rhyne? His teams went 3-8 and 3-7 the past two years. And this year, L-R went 12-2 losing at #13 West Alabama to start the season and at #3 Valdosta St in the regional finals.

And West Liberty's offense didn't exactly light it up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
      How many scholarships did he have at Lenoir-Rhyne? His teams went 3-8 and 3-7 the past two years. And this year, L-R went 12-2 losing at #13 West Alabama to start the season and at #3 Valdosta St in the regional finals.

And West Liberty's offense didn't exactly light it up this year.

Comment

Seton Hill taps alumnus Daniel Day

Comment

That just means every team still gets at least one win a year. Not what SHU needed.....no splash hire....will continue to stink for years to come.

Comment

I think the brass at SHU is pondering the question of why they are in the PSAC and D2 to start with. That school fits a D3 profile perfectly. They will pull out of the conference. It's just a matter of time. Remember, you heard it here first.

Comment

Blah hire on the surface

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                I'll let our buddy BOAT answer that part .... lol
                Small minded...Depends on which program you are talking about and which coaching staff!! Seems like all other sports are doing pretty good lead by Men's Basketball. When you have such a dichotomy between one sport and almost all the others, you got to start looking at the top of that program. If I'm the deep pocket donor, I got to be asking what I'm paying for? If he LOVES the HC soooooo much, it would be a better a more productive use of his money to hire him onto his corporate payroll for the same salary, subtract that from what he gives to WLU every year and continue to donate the rest. School wins by being able to move on and hire a football coach more capable of winning...Donor benefits by giving his buddy a job and getting a better return on his investment...Coach wins by being able to maintain the life he has become accustomed to. Seems like a win-win-win idea to me!!

Chances of any of this happening...about as close to zero as you can get!! Similar to the chance that Kellar would have ever gone to SHU.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                  Zach Amedro has run out of eligibility
                  Seems like the current HC has run him out of town. Think it was a pay issue. As the rumor goes, HC promised Amedro a salary increase before the season but didn't do anything to make it happen. Amedro asked several times and was finally told, sorry, no money. He quit during the season because of it and only then did the $ suddenly become available. Don't know if he has actually left but I've heard he is actively looking for a job elsewhere. I'd say the odds of him coming back are about 30%.

Comment

I think its a solid hire but agree that its a "blah" hire. He would have never won at SJC - too small, too little funds, too unstable of a school. They didn't just cut football, the whole school closed. But he knows Seton Hill and he knows the area. Its good that they landed another guy with head coaching experience. But he's not necessarily known to coaches in the area. Hopefully he knows how to divide up that Monopoly money. I wish him luck any week other than when he plays Edinboro.

Comment

Seton Hill fits the GMAC... Would put them to 10 Football schools and lower there non-conference games to 2 instead of 3...

They have no PE program

There sports management program is business based.. Heck Sports Law is taught by a practicing attorney at Seton Hill...

Most schools have communications, athletic coaching education, sports management, or regents (WV) to keep them eligible...

Comment

Originally posted by WVIAC-F-EVER View Post
                        Seton Hill fits the GMAC... Would put them to 10 Football schools and lower there non-conference games to 2 instead of 3...

They have no PE program

There sports management program is business based.. Heck Sports Law is taught by a practicing attorney at Seton Hill...

Most schools have communications, athletic coaching education, sports management, or regents (WV) to keep them eligible...

Fitting the model and paying for all that travel ... two very different things.

Especially for a school that appears to not care about athletics.

Comment

Agreed

Plus the GMAC conference Organization for Sports could bankrupt a private school

BASEBALL
                          NORTH
                          Ohio Dominican
                          Malone
                          Hillsdale
                          Findlay
                          Walsh
                          Lake Erie

SOUTH
                          Kentucky Wesleyan
                          Trevecca Nazarene
                          Ohio Valley
                          Alderson Broaddus
                          Davis & Elkins
                          Cedarville

Seems to me the WV schools would be closer to Malone, Walsh and Lake Erie...

Wonder if all there sports are sorted this way...

If you worried about balance, top team makes in each division and then the next 4...

Comment

That would make them a perfect replacement for D&E!

Comment

As random as it is in Pennsylvania, they certainly care about baseball. Check out their newly-renovated ballpark.

It's not as nice as Jack Critchfield Park, but it's got one thing we don't (and desperately need): an artificial surface. We had to play our 'home' half of a hugely important series vs. Gannon off campus at Kelly Automotive Park in Butler and the entire 4-game series against UPJ was at Point Stadium in Johnstown. In all, SRU lost 6 home games (all against division foes) last year due to poor field conditions.

Not many students attend PSAC baseball games, and even fewer attend when they're played 20 minutes away in Butler.

Seton Hill will never experience that problem.

Comment

Blah hire on the surface
                                They hired a High School School Coach from a bad HS program, amazing for sure....just sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X