X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRU 88
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If I'm ND, the biggest thing I want to accomplish -- by far -- is winning that dang coin toss and taking the ball first.

SRU may be the best first quarter team I've ever seen. Granted, I could be blinded by being a fan of a team that typically doesn't play until after halftime.

But, especially up there -- with students back and what should be a loud, intoxicated crowd -- ND has to get the ball first and dictate how the game starts. SRU pounces on people early in games but has shown they go through lulls as the game progresses against better competition. I don't think ND is one of those teams built to come from behind multiple scores. If they can win they have to slow the game down dramatically with long drives and keep Rivers on the sideline. Easier said than done, however.
    Yes the students are back and yes they can get into the game for FREE (thanks to Student Government paying for the tickets) however, it is the Saturday before finals and it is a 12 noon kick; just don't expect a lot of the student body to show up also is only going to be about 36 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    I think SRU will win this game. It's interesting, though, that NDC has pulled out victories against good teams late in the game while SRU has almost coughed it up on several occasions late in the game against better teams. Polar opposites. If this game is close late in the 3rd qtr, look out.

Also, I think a case can be made that "containing" McLaughlin takes its toll on a defense late in the game while he still seems fresh.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by RockNation View Post

I've read a lot of comments and as cliche as this one is, it's accurate. NDC relies on ball control and not making mistakes. Rock is high octane big plays. It won't be a blow out. As much as the Shep game looked like a blowout, it wasn't until the middle of the fourth.

NDC needs their QB to play well, McLaughlin will do what he does, Greene has big play ability. Rock D MUST tackle. A few turnovers like last week would be nice.Last week, there werent many big runs. They gave up a few big passes and that hurt early on. Rock O stuck to their gameplan and capitalized on turnovers.

Rock O is not the same as last year, Wynn, Litwin, Rivers are all different players. The All-American thing is a distraction. The team knows how good they are, it's just another thing to play for. NDC is going to come out, do their song and dance. Rock needs to take care of business, ignore the noise and make it to the final four.

If I'm ND, the biggest thing I want to accomplish -- by far -- is winning that dang coin toss and taking the ball first.

SRU may be the best first quarter team I've ever seen. Granted, I could be blinded by being a fan of a team that typically doesn't play until after halftime.

But, especially up there -- with students back and what should be a loud, intoxicated crowd -- ND has to get the ball first and dictate how the game starts. SRU pounces on people early in games but has shown they go through lulls as the game progresses against better competition. I don't think ND is one of those teams built to come from behind multiple scores. If they can win they have to slow the game down dramatically with long drives and keep Rivers on the sideline. Easier said than done, however.

Leave a comment:

• RockNation
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCfan View Post
    It'll be a good game. I think it'll come down to whoever makes the least mistakes.

I've read a lot of comments and as cliche as this one is, it's accurate. NDC relies on ball control and not making mistakes. Rock is high octane big plays. It won't be a blow out. As much as the Shep game looked like a blowout, it wasn't until the middle of the fourth.

NDC needs their QB to play well, McLaughlin will do what he does, Greene has big play ability. Rock D MUST tackle. A few turnovers like last week would be nice.Last week, there werent many big runs. They gave up a few big passes and that hurt early on. Rock O stuck to their gameplan and capitalized on turnovers.

Rock O is not the same as last year, Wynn, Litwin, Rivers are all different players. The All-American thing is a distraction. The team knows how good they are, it's just another thing to play for. NDC is going to come out, do their song and dance. Rock needs to take care of business, ignore the noise and make it to the final four.

Leave a comment:

• Mad3 Boss
    replied
    Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
    For some reason the kickoff has been changed to NOON!!

Looking back as last year's meeting, Rivers did not have a great game only 177 yds. passing with only one TD and a pick; he also had a fumble.

McLaughlkin had 172 yards rushing but that was on 36 carries and if I remember I think he had close to 100 at the half.

Notre Dame was held scoreless in second half their FG kicker missed a chipshot in the third quarter, NDC had the ball for 10 minutes in the third quarter alone.

Big play was the blown coverage by THE ROCK with 22 seconds left in first half that allowed NDC to extend their lead from 14-10 to 21-10

Leave a comment:

• Mad3 Boss
    replied
    Hmm send that to the AFCA and tell them they screwed up
    trust me ive done all I can do

Leave a comment:

• NDCfan
    replied
    Hmm send that to the AFCA and tell them they screwed up

Leave a comment:

• Mad3 Boss
    replied
    Hmm Rogan did make first team
    he shouldn't have. compare the stats

roland https://rockathletics.com/sports/foo...vers-iii/13321

rogan https://vstateblazers.com/sports/foo...gan-wells/3663

Leave a comment:

• NDCfan
    replied
    Hmm Rogan did make first team

Leave a comment:

• Mad3 Boss
    replied
    Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Looking back as last year's meeting, Rivers did not have a great game only 177 yds. passing with only one TD and a pick; he also had a fumble.

McLaughlkin had 172 yards rushing but that was on 36 carries and if I remember I think he had close to 100 at the half.

Notre Dame was held scoreless in second half their FG kicker missed a chipshot in the third quarter, NDC had the ball for 10 minutes in the third quarter alone.

Big play was the blown coverage by THE ROCK with 22 seconds left in first half that allowed NDC to extend their lead from 14-10 to 21-10
    OC from last year was garbage. they ran 5 plays the whole season. relied HEAVY on Wes

Leave a comment:

• Mad3 Boss
    replied
    its a bull**** list at the QB position. clearly they don't know what theyre doing. even if they didn't want to include roland, rogan shouldn't have been first team.

Leave a comment:

• NDCfan
    replied
    https://www.afca.com/notre-dame-coll...america-teams/

Leave a comment:

• TJ85
    replied
    ND 45 Rock 42

Leave a comment:

• SRU 88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NDCfan
    replied
    It'll be a good game. I think it'll come down to whoever makes the least mistakes.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X