Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Star Wars

Has anyone seen the new Star Wars movie? If so, what was your impression of it. Is it worth seeing? I personally hated The Force Awakens and never bothered seeing The Last Jedi.

-

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Has anyone seen the new Star Wars movie? If so, what was your impression of it. Is it worth seeing? I personally hated The Force Awakens and never bothered seeing The Last Jedi.

-

Comment

From what I've seen, most people who like this one liked Force Awakens. So you may want to pass.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I liked a few scenes in The Force Awakens such as the Stormtrooper assault at the beginning of the film and the big battle scene over half way through. But I just didn't like the story, the characters or the actors playing the new parts.

If I had to rank the films----

1. A New Hope- magical time for a kid to see this in the latter 1970s.

2. Return of the Jedi- Quite exciting and a nice tie up of loose ends. And yes---Palpatine was killed in this!

3. Rogue One- I really loved this one with its tale of bravery and self-sacrifice. Nicely set up the story line for A New Hope.

4. Attack of the Clones- This film gets dumped on badly but I loved it. It really sets up Anakin nicely to see how things would unfold for him.

5. The Empire Strikes Back- I never worshipped this one as many of the SW legion do. Some exciting parts such as the Hoth battle and Luke vs. Vader but it just didn't register much for me.

6. Revenge of the Sith- Nice job of telling what happened to Anakin but it was a lot to process the way it was presented. The last half hour or so was quite good.

7. The Phantom Menace- A bomb of a movie but Darth Maul was fantastic.

8. The Force Awakens- Pretty crappy. Did they even give any back story as to how Kylo Ren came to the dark side? I don't recall any back story on him at all and you kind of needed that for the film to work. I just prefer to think the story ended with the victory at the conclusion of Return of the Jedi.

I never saw The Last Jedi or Solo. I would like to see the Mandolarian. How's that one?

-

Comment

Thanks for the input. I liked a few scenes in The Force Awakens such as the Stormtrooper assault at the beginning of the film and the big battle scene over half way through. But I just didn't like the story, the characters or the actors playing the new parts.

If I had to rank the films----

1. A New Hope- magical time for a kid to see this in the latter 1970s.

2. Return of the Jedi- Quite exciting and a nice tie up of loose ends. And yes---Palpatine was killed in this!

3. Rogue One- I really loved this one with its tale of bravery and self-sacrifice. Nicely set up the story line for A New Hope.

4. Attack of the Clones- This film gets dumped on badly but I loved it. It really sets up Anakin nicely to see how things would unfold for him.

5. The Empire Strikes Back- I never worshipped this one as many of the SW legion do. Some exciting parts such as the Hoth battle and Luke vs. Vader but it just didn't register much for me.

6. Revenge of the Sith- Nice job of telling what happened to Anakin but it was a lot to process the way it was presented. The last half hour or so was quite good.

7. The Phantom Menace- A bomb of a movie but Darth Maul was fantastic.

8. The Force Awakens- Pretty crappy. Did they even give any back story as to how Kylo Ren came to the dark side? I don't recall any back story on him at all and you kind of needed that for the film to work. I just prefer to think the story ended with the victory at the conclusion of Return of the Jedi.

I never saw The Last Jedi or Solo. I would like to see the Mandolarian. How's that one?

-

Comment

Yeah, I was disappointed that it was not a movie after I saw the trailers. I was under the impression that it was Boba Fett but apparently he is not. It looked like he was fighting such bounty hunters as IG-88 and Bosk (sp?) from the Empire Strikes Back. So is the Mandalorian a bad guy or a good guy? I haven't exactly ascertained that. Or maybe neither---just a hired gun?

-

Comment

Yeah, I was disappointed that it was not a movie after I saw the trailers. I was under the impression that it was Boba Fett but apparently he is not. It looked like he was fighting such bounty hunters as IG-88 and Bosk (sp?) from the Empire Strikes Back. So is the Mandalorian a bad guy or a good guy? I haven't exactly ascertained that. Or maybe neither---just a hired gun?

-

Comment

Sounds a bit like one of those old westerns. Have gun, will travel. Does the Mandalorian have any connection at all to Boba or Jango Fett? He certainly attires himself the same as they did.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X