Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
    Former Shippensburg offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich has just been hired as the OC for Texas after stops at Oklahoma State and Ohio State. He's had quite a career arc.
    I'm not saying Shippensburg shouldn't be proud of Yurcich's rise in the coaching ranks (because they should be), but a couple of other PSAC schools should also join in. He was the starting QB at Cal for a few seasons in the 1990s and then spent five years as an assistant at Edinboro before his two seasons at Shippensburg.

IUP fans will be happy to hear Yurcich came to Edinboro when he was hired after being a GA at Indiana (the other Indiana) by none other than Lou Tepper.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I'm not saying Shippensburg shouldn't be proud of Yurcich's rise in the coaching ranks (because they should be), but a couple of other PSAC schools should also join in. He was the starting QB at Cal for a few seasons in the 1990s and then spent five years as an assistant at Edinboro before his two seasons at Shippensburg.

IUP fans will be happy to hear Yurcich came to Edinboro when he was hired after being a GA at Indiana (the other Indiana) by none other than Lou Tepper.

Do you mean THE Lou Tepper?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Uh, his name was Zulli
        Yeah, Zulli called his own plays, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

True enough, but it was the exploits of his Ship offense led by Zulli that brought him to the attention of Oklahoma State. But there's nothing wrong with the other schools saying "he was here" as well. We have some good coaching minds in the PSAC, but seem to be behind the eight-ball in recruiting compared to other regions at present. I recall some Penn State fans denigrating Franklin when he was hired because he had once played for East Stroudsburg.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, I must have watched that catch of Trey's at least 10 times. That was certainly one of the great comebacks in Northwestern history. I'd almost left them for dead at halftime. Rob did a nice job coaching at Lower Dauphin. I graduated from Mechanicsburg, so am somewhat familiar with LD. I'll definitely have to try to look you guys up next season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X