Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I said he wasn't too bad, and Yurcich set a pretty high standard. We've dipped the past couple of seasons, but I think overall talent as well as play-calling has contributed to that.
    I know at the West Chester game I was with about 7or 8 former players and teammates.We were all scratching our heads on the play calling.3 and 4 from the 50 and they had a 3 person route all vertical.I think we were spoiled with Yurcich,Davis,and JC.I thought Jesse woke up a bit in the later part of the season.Not having Gonterak hurt the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Raider 74 View Post

I know at the West Chester game I was with about 7or 8 former players and teammates.We were all scratching our heads on the play calling.3 and 4 from the 50 and they had a 3 person route all vertical.I think we were spoiled with Yurcich,Davis,and JC.I thought Jesse woke up a bit in the later part of the season.Not having Gonterak hurt the passing game.
      I only saw one game of Ship's but the D was God-awful. That directly hurts the offense's ability and game-plan.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I only saw one game of Ship's but the D was God-awful. That directly hurts the offense's ability and game-plan.

Comment

I certainly can't argue with that. It was easy to forget during Mac's recent run of success that Ship has a relatively erratic football history (we had three losing seasons during my four years there). We have to build back up. And Mussina throws a nice pass, but doesn't provide as much of a run threat as our recent QBs, especially Zapoticky. Do you have any idea whether Gonterak is back next year? We still have another year of Eubanks.

Comment

At the present, I just hope Mac gets some OL improvement. There's too much talent at the skills for them not to be putting up big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              At the present, I just hope Mac gets some OL improvement. There's too much talent at the skills for them not to be putting up big numbers.
              We'll need a running game, especially with Durkin departing. Thompson showed some potential the last couple of games. But I'm not especially fond of the QB and RB side-by-side spread formation for the running game. Unless you have a strong runner at QB, it takes a lot of deception out of the running game. It doesn't always matter if you have more physical talent than the other team, but that wasn't often the case this season. And I can't understand why in a first and goal situation from the 1 or 2 that more coaches don't just put the QB under center, especially since you can now legally push the guy over the goal line. It also makes sense late in the game. Slippery Rock blew a game to us in 2018 with an errant shotgun snap.

Comment

We'll need a running game, especially with Durkin departing. Thompson showed some potential the last couple of games. But I'm not especially fond of the QB and RB side-by-side spread formation for the running game. Unless you have a strong runner at QB, it takes a lot of deception out of the running game. It doesn't always matter if you have more physical talent than the other team, but that wasn't often the case this season. And I can't understand why in a first and goal situation from the 1 or 2 that more coaches don't just put the QB under center, especially since you can now legally push the guy over the goal line. It also makes sense late in the game. Slippery Rock blew a game to us in 2018 with an errant shotgun snap.
                I heard there is a possibility Gonterak will be back.I know they got a commitment from a running back transfer from Howard University names Khalid Dorsey.They have a prep school wr committed and a transfer wr from Shepherd.Sirb the kid from St Francis was hurt last year.I hope Thompson can step his game up.He is from Middletown and went to Towson.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Comment

You made some excellent points when it comes to running the ball from the spread offense, especially on the goal line.

Comment

I really do question the strategy of starting the play four yards behind the line of scrimmage when you only have one yard to get the first down or TD.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

You made some excellent points when it comes to running the ball from the spread offense, especially on the goal line.

Comment

I heard there is a possibility Gonterak will be back.I know they got a commitment from a running back transfer from Howard University names Khalid Dorsey.They have a prep school wr committed and a transfer wr from Shepherd.Sirb the kid from St Francis was hurt last year.I hope Thompson can step his game up.He is from Middletown and went to Towson.
                          I appreciate the info as you obviously know some guys who have their ears to the ground. I was wondering what was up with Sirb as he was a decent back in 2018. Hope he can get back in shape. The return of Gonterak and improvement in the running room would really give the O a boost.

Comment

Comment

Disappointing to see this but really Not all that surprised
                              https://larrybrownsports.com/college...her-job/530453

Comment

Who transferred to the enemy!?!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X