Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Rees

I am not aware of the details, but I understand Coach Rees is suffering from terminal cancer and is not doing well. There are some updates posted on the Ship Football Facebook page, but not sure if news about his condition has been widely distributed.

Prayers to Rocky and his family during this difficult time.

Re: Rocky Rees

Best wishes to Coach Rees and his family at this time. He was quite a coach.

-

Comment

Yes, it is esophageal cancer. I played for coach Rees, and retired after his last season, despite having one more year of eligibility. I wasn't a starter, and I had already been accepted to law school. One thing is for sure, as an athlete playing for coach Rees, you knew he cared about you, you knew he expected a lot for you, and you knew he wouldn't let you slack off. I highly respect Coach Rees, and am very appreciative of the influence he has had on my life.

Comment

Prayers to Rocky and his family. He has dealt with more than his share of loss in his life.

Comment

Haven't seen any details yet but according to Coach Mac's Twitter feed, Coach Rees has passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
            Haven't seen any details yet but according to Coach Mac's Twitter feed, Coach Rees has passed away.
            Last edited by shiplb54; 12-21-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Here is the release from Ship sports information.

Shippensburg University Mourns the Loss of Former Head Coach Rocky Rees

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
                Here is the release from Ship sports information.

Shippensburg University Mourns the Loss of Former Head Coach Rocky Rees

Comment

A commemorative photo gallery: https://shipraiders.com/galleries/?gallery=1702

Comment

RIP to a fine gentleman. shiplb54, I'm sorry personally for your loss.

Comment

With Rees' passing, the only surviving Shippensburg head football coaches are Mark Maciejewski and Joe Bottiglieri (1986-89, now an assistant at Wesley).

Comment

https://www.publicopiniononline.com/...69/2386661002/

Comment

You have my condolences shiplb54. It's hard to lose somebody like that who influenced you so much. He made an impact and I believe that is the point to all this.

Comment

So sorry for the loss of the Ship community.

Comment

A celebration of life will be held for Coach Rees at 1 PM on Saturday, December 29 inside the Luhrs Performing Arts Center. There will be no viewing or visitation prior to the service. A reception will follow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X