Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The same could be asked about chemistry class.

How do you control this age group when the sun goes down? That's the major area of concern. You don't social distance at a keg bash.
    My employer has set out policies regarding work and personal travel. Certain stipulations regarding what the procedures are for when you come back. If we are taking a week of vacation we have to tell our supervisor what our vacation plans are. There's scenarios where if you take vacation time to go somewhere, you may need to take additional time off to "quarantine" when you come back. That doesn't apply to work travel of course, but if you're voluntarily going into a "hot spot," the expectation is that you aren't coming straight back to the office. Rules are clearly laid out.

I can fly out of Columbus to Las Vegas tomorrow night after work, get there by 10:00 their time, spend the weekend with my friend from college who lives there, and take the red eye home Sunday night and be at work Monday morning. Won't have used a day of vacation and I didn't tell anybody a thing. Who's stopping that?

As you and I continue to say.. Life will go on or it won't. I bet it'll go on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Sounds pretty far-fetched to me that there will be high school football this fall to be honest. For anyone who had any experience with the sport it is pretty much impossible to avoid the perspiration, blood, and breathing (droplets) of other players. I'm sure the NFL and major college football will give it a go being that there is big $$$ involved there. D-II and lower tiers may be 50/50 at this point. But my prediction is that there very well may be no sports at the scholastic levels all across our state and beyond.

I can see where teams give it a go with certain precautions in place----but what happens the second when a player or coach or support staff member of a team has that positive test for Covid? Does the entire team go into quarantine and get taken out of circulation for the duration of the season?

I hope things work out but I have my doubts about it all.

-
    The same could be asked about chemistry class.

How do you control this age group when the sun goes down? That's the major area of concern. You don't social distance at a keg bash.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    I have no doubt that the season will start, but how long will it last?!

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Sounds pretty far-fetched to me that there will be high school football this fall to be honest. For anyone who had any experience with the sport it is pretty much impossible to avoid the perspiration, blood, and breathing (droplets) of other players. I'm sure the NFL and major college football will give it a go being that there is big $$$ involved there. D-II and lower tiers may be 50/50 at this point. But my prediction is that there very well may be no sports at the scholastic levels all across our state and beyond.

I can see where teams give it a go with certain precautions in place----but what happens the second when a player or coach or support staff member of a team has that positive test for Covid? Does the entire team go into quarantine and get taken out of circulation for the duration of the season?

I hope things work out but I have my doubts about it all.

-

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Man, some law firms booked a $#@& load of billable hours working up this CYA declaration.

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    started a topic Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

https://www.goerie.com/sports/202006...orts-to-returnContact Tom Reisenweber at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @ETNreisenweber.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X