Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulcans football 2019

Here's the list...
    http://calvulcans.com/news/2019/2/6/...019-class.aspx.
    Comments
    3-P/K, 2-QB, and only 1 WR ??? Heavy on DLINE and LB. Two transfers including 1 from WCU. First impression...not thrilled.

Re: Vulcans football 2019

Always curious how this happens. Not 24 hrs after the list is posted, another Twitter pops up from @ryansilvious60, 6'4" 245lbs OT from Wilson HS, that he is committing to CALU and joining his linemate @ klinneyy in the Valley. He had previously committed to Temple so that is a hopeful sign. But you'd think someone could have checked with him before posting the list. Anyway he seems like a nice addition.

Comment

And another.... JAYDEN LUCAS, 6'0" 185 lb WR from WOODLAND HILLS. Hopefully, a player from that high quality program will be help to the deep game that has been missing since GARRY BROWN was at Adamson.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        Always curious how this happens. Not 24 hrs after the list is posted, another Twitter pops up from @ryansilvious60, 6'4" 245lbs OT from Wilson HS, that he is committing to CALU and joining his linemate @ klinneyy in the Valley. He had previously committed to Temple so that is a hopeful sign. But you'd think someone could have checked with him before posting the list. Anyway he seems like a nice addition.
        Could be his Temple offer got yanked at the last minute. Temple probably offered 20 OL and the first 6 to fax in the form get the spots. Or, maybe he forgot about it. Lol.

Comment

Here's the list...
          http://calvulcans.com/news/2019/2/6/...019-class.aspx.
          Comments
          3-P/K, 2-QB, and only 1 WR ??? Heavy on DLINE and LB. Two transfers including 1 from WCU. First impression...not thrilled.
          Yea, It's hard to get a feel for what type of team Coach Dunn is recruiting. We've been used to the high risk/high reward recruiting by Coach Luckhardt & Coach Kellar. Coach Dunn seems to focus on a good QB talent pool and lots of O-Linemen. This is a good philosophy. You know he's going to take pride in a stoudt O-line. Finding a good RB and developing WR's has worked well so far. He seems to have a good plan for building a strong offense. He also seems to bring in lots of defensemen for Coach Craig to work with in his 3-4 scheme. I didn't have much hope last year after Kier left for the offense, but they were very fun to watch. I was impressed. A lot of returning starters this year again. Don't understand all the kickers/punters when his backup QB did it all last year anyway, but we'll see.

Are you hearing anything about picking 1-2 OOC games before Kutztown (9/14) next year?

Comment

Originally posted by CalVulcan87 View Post
            Yea, It's hard to get a feel for what type of team Coach Dunn is recruiting. We've been used to the high risk/high reward recruiting by Coach Luckhardt & Coach Kellar. Coach Dunn seems to focus on a good QB talent pool and lots of O-Linemen. This is a good philosophy. You know he's going to take pride in a stoudt O-line. Finding a good RB and developing WR's has worked well so far. He seems to have a good plan for building a strong offense. He also seems to bring in lots of defensemen for Coach Craig to work with in his 3-4 scheme. I didn't have much hope last year after Kier left for the offense, but they were very fun to watch. I was impressed. A lot of returning starters this year again. Don't understand all the kickers/punters when his backup QB did it all last year anyway, but we'll see.

Are you hearing anything about picking 1-2 OOC games before Kutztown (9/14) next year?
            Keep checking the schedule but not a hint as yet. If recent history continues it will be a home and home versus a solid program from either the GMAC or GLIAC. It likely will be @ ADAMSON so the schedule will turn out 6-H and 5-A.That would also help with playing 5 tough games to start the season

Comment

Cal didnt lose much but they seemed to help the DL that needed it....but it was young last year. The two transfers look good and I like the DL kid from Mohawk.

Anyone know if the LB from Albany/ New Castle, pa will come back since he got hurt so early last year?

Comment

Not really related to football only, but on Feb 21 at 11am, a new version of the VULCAN mascot will be revealed along with new logos for the school itself. This was apparently done with professional assistance and a lot of polling among students, faculty and alumni. These changes usually go well, but occasionally blow up in one's face. Time will tell.

Comment

Continuing.....
                  http://mobile.twitter.com/JaidynParr...98781811605505
                  If my math is right this is the third MILTON HERSHEY commit this year.

Comment

And this.....
                    http://mobile.twitter.com/Bastian_Ge...09804880347137
                    6'2" 220lb LB/FB from LINSLY HS, Wheeling learned to play in Innsbruck Austria.

Comment

And this.....
                      http://mobile.twitter.com/Bastian_Ge...09804880347137
                      6'2" 220lb LB/FB from LINSLY HS, Wheeling learned to play in Innsbruck Austria.
                      Nice pickup. I see he likes to hit:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9913266...92b30a7052be1a

Also notice he had a PWO from Youngstown St

Comment

I been checking to see if Cal has updated it's roster for 2019 and nothing. I noticed that Cal, Edinboro, West Chester, and Kutztown are the only PSAC school that haven't updated at this point (7/14/19).
                        Seems like a small thing, but frustrating for us fans. Anyone know why wait?

Comment

Originally posted by CalVulcan87 View Post
                          I been checking to see if Cal has updated it's roster for 2019 and nothing. I noticed that Cal, Edinboro, West Chester, and Kutztown are the only PSAC school that haven't updated at this point (7/14/19).
                          Seems like a small thing, but frustrating for us fans. Anyone know why wait?
                          Tradition. Usually more updates available on social media.

Comment

Tradition. Usually more updates available on social media.
                            Like Twitter? It hasn't been updated in months. No matter, just seems like the updates are thin. Being out here in eastern PA doesn't help either.
                            I'm ready for football. Couple of questions for you or any Cal guys.
                            I didn't see Tyson Hill at the spring game. Do you know his status? Is Julian Cox available this year? OL - McCorkle, Babstibner, Digalbo, Post, Hudanik?

Comment

https://gofightingscots.com/roster.a...&path=football

Boro has one up but its not the default roster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X