X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP412
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Several new faces but they are guys who have played a lot of college football.

DL: Their first four guys are monsters. They will wreck havoc. Big, strong and experienced. The next couple (ones many haven't heard of yet) are also pretty good. Remember the name Tyrone Fowler Jr. This position went from a major concern back in early Spring to perhaps the strongest.

LB: Malachi Newell (Youngstown State) and Connor Kelly (Edinboro) should provide immediate impacts. Drew DiNunzio-Biss (a 2019 redshirt) is a hammer. Darrius Lloyd is a player. We'll see how the depth is at LB -- that concerns me a little.

DB: Nazir Streater is an All-American. Bryce Gibson (Youngstown State) is a stud. They have several other DBs back who have played in the past but a couple will move in to much larger roles. Interested to get a look at Akshay Thaper (Upper Iowa). Harrison Dreher is a tremendous athlete in the secondary. Devin Carney (Thaddeus Stevens) is a guy who will probably play both ways at times this season (WR/DB).

I guess we won't know until the lights come on, but it should certainly be an above-average group. They aren't going to have to pitch shutouts to win games. The offense is going to score plenty.

On paper, Tort plugged some holes really nicely.
    Better get into the Lab my man. Couple guys u named are like 6th string.. just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Interesting local high school game tonight.

Ligonier Valley (once kings of the Heritage Conference but now a WPIAL Class 2A member) visits (4A) Indiana High.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

DL: Their first four guys are monsters. They will wreck havoc. Big, strong and experienced. The next couple (ones many haven't heard of yet) are also pretty good. Remember the name Tyrone Fowler Jr. This position went from a major concern back in early Spring to perhaps the strongest.

LB: Malachi Newell (Youngstown State) and Connor Kelly (Edinboro) should provide immediate impacts. Drew DiNunzio-Biss (a 2019 redshirt) is a hammer. Darrius Lloyd is a player. We'll see how the depth is at LB -- that concerns me a little.

DB: Nazir Streater is an All-American. Bryce Gibson (Youngstown State) is a stud. They have several other DBs back who have played in the past but a couple will move in to much larger roles. Interested to get a look at Akshay Thaper (Upper Iowa). Harrison Dreher is a tremendous athlete in the secondary. Devin Carney (Thaddeus Stevens) is a guy who will probably play both ways at times this season (WR/DB).

I guess we won't know until the lights come on, but it should certainly be an above-average group. They aren't going to have to pitch shutouts to win games. The offense is going to score plenty.

I am not sure that there is a depth problem at LB. They only have 2 on the field at any one time. They have 2 solid-looking transfers and 2 solid-looking guys from the program and there have to be some younger guys emerge as backups.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP FLA 12 View Post
    Big Indians, from looking at the roster do not forget about safety number 8 Jaheim Howard. Watched his film this morning from Erie Prep it was very impressive. Howard flies around the field and covers great from his HS film. Should be interesting to see what the defense of coaching staff does with Howard.
    There's him and also that freshman DB they got from the Pittsbugh City League. Both very decorated.

That said ... never real big on playing true freshmen. Very few are ready.

Leave a comment:

• IUP FLA 12
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP FLA 12
    replied
    Big Indians, from looking at the roster do not forget about safety number 8 Jaheim Howard. Watched his film this morning from Erie Prep it was very impressive. Howard flies around the field and covers great from his HS film. Should be interesting to see what the defense of coaching staff does with Howard.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP FLA 12 View Post
    On the football hand, how do you guys like the defense? Want to hear your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's not a terrible idea since most of the IUP football influencers are still living in the 80s.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    You went to IUP? How did you get in? This is embarrassing.

Last edited by IUPNation; 08-27-2021, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP FLA 12
    replied
    On the football hand, how do you guys like the defense? Want to hear your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• IUP FLA 12
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    My prediction: You guys are not only going to go 14-0 and average 67 points a game, the school is going to bring in Hall & Oates to perform as the house band at games.
    I remember seeing Hall and Oates in Memorial Fieldhouse around 79/80. Yeah, they were pretty good. I say bring 'em back.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's not a terrible idea since most of the IUP football influencers are still living in the 80s.

Goodness I'd go back to the 80s/90s in a heartbeat rather than live in today's world lol. Imagine no internet and no cell phones. How did we ever survive. We'd have to wait until the new magazines came out to see what a Kardashian wore to breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Remember, though, that Brown missed most of his senior season due to injury. As a senior he was playing just about every position on the field for Apollo-Ridge. He came to IUP as a RB. He played RB as a freshman, sat out the following season due to academics then made the switch to WR in 2019. While it sucked at the time, I think that year he sat out really changed the course of his life/career. Do I think he could play at Alabama next year? No. But, he could certainly play at Pitt next year. Let's hope he stays in Indiana.
    I don't know if it was most. He played 7 games as a senior. I think he's a tremendous athlete - he won his region POY two years in a row each at a different position. You're right, he could be a good candidate to grad transfer.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    My prediction: You guys are not only going to go 14-0 and average 67 points a game, the school is going to bring in Hall & Oates to perform as the house band at games.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X