X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Anyone know why he left Eastern Illinois? Looks like he would have been the returning starter; 14th on their all time list.
    I'm sure it was a well-thought-out decision. He was a Philosophy major at EIU.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Article on Woodberry in today's Gazette (by Matt).
    Get him some clicks. A QB who does everything. Elaine Benes would be happy.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...a38129ad6.html

Didn't realize Ramart left. Makes the transfer easier to understand.
    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 08-06-2021, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Article on Woodberry in today's Gazette (by Matt).

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Woodberry has been on campus since July and is getting a lot of work in with his teammates. So, I don't see a major issue in that regard.

I would agree I think this opens up some real neat opportunities for Javon Davis to be implemented in to the offense this year. They can run some really up-tempo packages with him from time to time. As defenses are getting tired out you can run a series or two with him running all over the place.
    Is the expectation that he is the starter (if he isn't already), or is it an open camp battle? They'll always say it's an open camp battle, but most of the time it never is.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Dude it was mentioned they had a new Trigger in town, nobody said it was Kenny Pickett, calm yourself down. I give the staff credit, they didn't like what they saw in the Spring and acted accordingly.
    I think you totally missed my point lol... I hope the kid is great. I know nothing about him. Who he is or where he transferred from wasn't my point.

This message board is treated like Fort Knox. We're a bunch of jabroni fans of a D2 program. If you've got some information, post it. Unless the coaches know specifically who you are and what your account name is, I don't really understand why things need to be so secretive. Everybody on here is anonymous, unless they're not. So many people post that they are "hearing some big things." But then they never follow through with anything. Either they're just stoking the flames and have nothing, or somebody within the program knows specifically who they are and can't share the info. I love this message board, but yikes... Lol

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Woodberry has been on campus since July and is getting a lot of work in with his teammates. So, I don't see a major issue in that regard.

I would agree I think this opens up some real neat opportunities for Javon Davis to be implemented in to the offense this year. They can run some really up-tempo packages with him from time to time. As defenses are getting tired out you can run a series or two with him running all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

And maybe Woodbery wanted a chance to win at another program. Eastern Illinois have not had a winning season since 2017. The team has won a total of 5 games during Woodbery's three seasons at Eastern Illinois.
    Yeah I think you're right. Upside for IUP is that they have two experienced QBs to consider on top of the pretty decent underclassmen.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I think he's a great signing. Lot of experience. Big. Nice arm. Can move some. He's played against a lot of higher competition.

Let's remember we're in the D2 PSAC. Not the SEC.

He will surrounded with a massive line and elite skill position players.

With Irv and Duane on the outside ... you need a slinger.
    I agree. It appears that he is the "fit" for the offense that IUP needs. I hope he can adapt to the situation quickly. I wouldn't rule out Davis getting a lot of snaps, especially early in the season.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Grad transfer
    And maybe Woodbery wanted a chance to win at another program. Eastern Illinois have not had a winning season since 2017. The team has won a total of 5 games during Woodbery's three seasons at Eastern Illinois.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Anyone know why he left Eastern Illinois? Looks like he would have been the returning starter; 14th on their all time list.
    Grad transfer

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied
    Dude it was mentioned they had a new Trigger in town, nobody said it was Kenny Pickett, calm yourself down. I give the staff credit, they didn't like what they saw in the Spring and acted accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Hey...the kid started at the JuCo and FCS level: https://eiupanthers.com/sports/footb...-woodbery/7050

And I like his highlight reel from JuCo https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7317074...62060eb0c2917a and his Soph season https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7317074...0d170be0d8c6f3 to include throwing 2 TDs against SEC team Arkansas. I like the pickup. He can move around the pocket if needed.Man, I might have to start looking at Southwest Airlines for tickets to Dallas in December.....

So will either or both Davis and Ramart stay and try to develop under this guy, or will either or both leave?
    I think he's a great signing. Lot of experience. Big. Nice arm. Can move some. He's played against a lot of higher competition.

Let's remember we're in the D2 PSAC. Not the SEC.

He will surrounded with a massive line and elite skill position players.

With Irv and Duane on the outside ... you need a slinger.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Well thank goodness for Matt . :)

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Ramart chose not to come back after the spring semester. Davis is still on the roster.
    I am disappointed that Ramart left. Maybe he will find a D-II program in Texas to play for.

IUP's offense looks fairly loaded. Hopefully the OL jells into a solid unit.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X